cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill Letter to CA or OC? Legal recourse?

josemnz83
Contributor

Goodwill Letter to CA or OC? Legal recourse?

The last remaining negative mark on my credit reports is a $265 medical collection that is about 2.5 years old.  This collection appears only on my EQ report .  I paid the entire amount last month. I REALLY want this removed since this is keeping my EQ score down. Should I send goodwill letters to CA or OC?  Or should I dispute this with EQ?  Please note that the CA initially agreed to do a pay-for-delete.  However, I did not get this in writing. Now they claim that their policy is only to report as paid in full. Any legal recourse? 

FICO EQ:794
FICO TU:778
FICO EX:816

Amex Cash (10k). Chase Shappire Preferred (9k). Discover It (7.5k). Chase (6.7k). BofA Cash Rewards(5k). Chase Slate (4k). Credit One (1.5k).
Started with 462 score in 2013 and $300 CL on Credit One.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
NormanFH
Super Contributor

Re: Goodwill Letter to CA or OC? Legal recourse?

@josemnz83 wrote:

The last remaining negative mark on my credit reports is a $265 medical collection that is about 2.5 years old.  This collection appears only on my EQ report .  I paid the entire amount last month. I REALLY want this removed since this is keeping my EQ score down. Should I send goodwill letters to CA or OC?  Or should I dispute this with EQ?  Please note that the CA initially agreed to do a pay-for-delete.  However, I did not get this in writing. Now they claim that their policy is only to report as paid in full. Any legal recourse? 

Were they quite clear in their verbal agreement? If so ask them to review the recording of the call, if they refuse, tell them they are going to end up on the wrong side of a breach of contract suit.

Most Recent FICO 8 Scores EX616/TU587/EQ607 01/09/2018 Starting scores 553/485/543 08/25//2017
~~~Credit lines~~~~
SDFCU VISA Secured $250
Discover Secured $200
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.