Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill Letters

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodwill Letters

I have 2 accounts I was 30 days late on. These late payments are from 2005. The creditors are discover and macy's. I am thinking of writing goodwill letters to each in the hopes they will remove these negatives on my account. What are the thoughts and feelings on this. I am hoping removing both of these will help my credit score. Thoughts and replies are welcomed and appreciated.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill Letters

I have had ggod luck with GW from both.  Discovery deleted all of my late payments, and Macy's did the same.  The key is getting the letter to the right person, If you don't get an answer from them send another letter.

Michelle
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

my letter to chase was shot down. I wish someone here that was succesfull with chase would share the contact name/adress of the person they sent the GW letter to. I tried a different address this 2nd attempt...but again, I feel like I am pissing in the wind shooting of these letters
Message 3 of 4
catzcradle
New Contributor

I've had some luck recently with GW letters. I sent out 5. Still waiting on 2 replies. I got 2 that agreed to delete and one that didn't. One that I'm waiting to hear back from has also disappeared from my most recent Experian, so I kind of expect to get a "yes" letter soon.

I say go for it. It's only a few stamps and a couple minutes of your time and it could get you some points in your score.
- Catz
12/01/09 TU 759 EQ 756

10/01/08 TU 697 EQ 659
07/05/08 TU 693 EQ 663 EX 711
06/01/08 TU 657 EQ 610 EX 670
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.