Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill + PFD Letter: Wish Me Luck

tag
Oyiwaa
Regular Contributor

Goodwill + PFD Letter: Wish Me Luck

Hello Folks:  

Thanks for all your advice concerning Eastern Account Systems.  The debt is valid, the CA has validated and plan to get a mortgage next year, so I want  to pay it, since CA has repeatedly refused a PFD. 

I plan to send this letter  (modified from the one posted by Johnny_Favorite: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Do-Pay-For-Delete-GOODWILL-Letters-Work/td-p/... tomorrow:

Re: EAS Account Numbers: 2xxxxxxx & 2xxxxxxxxx (Creditor: Comcast  – Account #: Xxxxxxxx)

Thanks for your correspondence regarding the above two accounts. I have been a happy Comcast customer for about 2 years until a fire gutted my residence in July 2011. The fire destroyed many personal belongings, including one of Comcast’s modems. Unfortunately, during the forced relocation and the confusion that resulted from the fire, my mails were not forwarded properly and therefore I did not notice that my bills were not up-to-date. Consequently, these accounts are showing as a debt on my credit report - a reporting that you have validated and Comcast also verified. I am very sorry for this mishap and would like to pay amount owed for both accounts ($154.54) in full.

I am asking if there is any way possible that this can be deleted from my report once this bill is paid? I hope that you understand that I never meant for this to happen and I would have gladly paid it in full had I received a final bill at my new address. I am not denying this is my error but I am just asking for leniency given the circumstances. It would greatly help my situation if this were not on my credit report.

Please accept this money order for $154.54 as payment in full for these two accounts. I hope you will work with me to delete this account from Experian (and any other credit reporting agencies). I am really looking to put this unfortunate mistake behind me if that's possible. Please help.

Thank You.

Sincerely,  HoneyBooBooo

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Goodwill + PFD Letter: Wish Me Luck

You had me until the Honeybooboo part.  Lol.  Looks good, good luck!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 12
Oyiwaa
Regular Contributor

Haaaa ... great we can have some sense of humor in all these.  Will let you know how it goes.

Rgds, Oyiwaa

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL at Honeybooboo! Good luck!

Message 4 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Nice letter.

I have one concern, however.  It is usually not wise to actually send payment along with a PFD offer.  It is best to get agreement prior to sending funds.

They could simply deposit the $$ without making formal reply of acceptance.  Then you open up  a legal can of worms as to whether deposit of money owed to them constitutes a contract acceptance of conditional terms.  That may require civil action if they dont thereafter delete.

Message 5 of 12
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Good luck

Message 6 of 12
Oyiwaa
Regular Contributor

Thanks to you all ....

I did send in the payment - they persistently refused a PFD, and I need a mortgage mid next year, so I decided to pay it off.  

I will send a GW letter later to see if they will delete, if not; I will keep trying -- maybe contact Comcast Executives department to see if they will help convince their CA to delete the TL.... the CA is not obliged to, but they might.

thanks - Oy

Message 7 of 12
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Good plan and I like your style!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 12
Oyiwaa
Regular Contributor

Re: Goodwill + PFD Letter: Wish Me Luck - UPDATE

Ok,

So they received the payment, and did promise that they will update their reporting to PAID, but they have not yet done so. I was going to ask them to update their records to PAID, but I have decided to hold my breadth for one reason: there is a second account that Eastern Account Systems is collecting on behalf of Comcast --- about $280 that I still have to pay.  They are still refusing to accept a PFD.

Should I

-- just go ahead, pay it off and then GW them to delete all three at once?   OR

-- GW them now to delete the two that I paid before making payment on the 3rd account?

-- Dispute the two that I paid with the CRAs and have them update their records?

Thanks - Oy

Message 9 of 12
Oyiwaa
Regular Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Nice letter.

I have one concern, however.  It is usually not wise to actually send payment along with a PFD offer.  It is best to get agreement prior to sending funds.

They could simply deposit the $$ without making formal reply of acceptance.  Then you open up  a legal can of worms as to whether deposit of money owed to them constitutes a contract acceptance of conditional terms.  That may require civil action if they dont thereafter delete.

Robert - I agree it is not a good idea - but my letter is not an agreement nor do I expect one from them.  It is a sort of a GW letter sent prospectively with the payment.  I tried a PFD, to several of the CAs Executives and heard nothing, so I thought of paying first the balance - given that is a legitimate debt, very new and reporting correctly.

Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier... but thanks for your comments and I always value your contribution.

Enjoy the day - Oy

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.