Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill Success (Amex)

tag
tcolesz12
Contributor

Goodwill Success (Amex)

Wanted to give everyone here an update I was FINALLY able to crack Amex on getting my two late payments from Dec 2018 and March 2019 taken off Experian as of yesterday I got the notification today. I just stayed positive the entire time and never gave up. I've been able to get Discover, Amazon/synchrony bank, and now Amex to take lates off my credit report. It took me about 1.5 years of sending GW letters for one to finally work. Granted my score only went up 6 points but it's better than having it on my report. Now I just have to get Capone and Paypal removed somehow hahahaha. 

For those who are going to ask my Amazon/synchrony bank and Amex were closed by them but I paid them in full. I got back in with Amex about 1.3 years ago and have been using my Amex gold card a lot since then. Discover the card was never closed and it has been open for about 7-8 years so have a long history with them. Amazon was pure luck honestly. 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
720orBust

Re: Goodwill Success (Amex)

Wow, determination paid off. I know it was only 6 points but you are right it's good to know that's removed. Good luck with Capone and PayPal. 

Thank you for posting. 

Starting Score: 577EQ / 590 TU / 568EX 10/01/22
Current Score: 577EQ / 590 TU / 568EX
Goal Score: 720

Message 2 of 16
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Persistance pays off.

Message 3 of 16
tcolesz12
Contributor

@720orBust wrote:

Wow, determination paid off. I know it was only 6 points but you are right it's good to know that's removed. Good luck with Capone and PayPal. 

Thank you for posting. 

Thank you very much! Yeah just going to see what happens with the others. The worst they can say is no.

Message 4 of 16
tcolesz12
Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Congrats! Persistance pays off.

Persistence and some luck hahaha

Message 5 of 16
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 16
tcolesz12
Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Congrats!

Thank you very much! I did receive a call from the executive team this morning letting me know they were able to make an exception and that they electronically submitted the work and should receive my letter in the mail soon! Very happy I could get Amex to forgive me. 

Message 7 of 16
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@tcolesz12 wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Congrats!

Thank you very much! I did receive a call from the executive team this morning letting me know they were able to make an exception and that they electronically submitted the work and should receive my letter in the mail soon! Very happy I could get Amex to forgive me. 

Congrats on the goodwill success, you're right that persistance is how to get it done !  Smiley Very Happy

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 8 of 16
tcolesz12
Contributor

UPDATE: I finally got synchrony bank/Paypal to remove the late payment (120) from my report. I received a call from them on 1/17/2023 and this morning received an email that they have removed the late payment and my Experian is already showing the update. Now the only baddie I have left is a CO with Capone. (first, late was Aug of 2018). Wish me luck on having them to remove it early (one can wish)

Message 9 of 16
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

This is good stuff all the way around, nicely done, congratulations!!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.