Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill Success (Amex)

tag
tcolesz12
Contributor

Re: Goodwill Success (Amex)

@JoeRockhead wrote:

This is good stuff all the way around, nicely done, congratulations!!

Thank you very much, I'm very excited about it! I do have to give credit where credit is due though. This all wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for the community here and what everyone has taught me over the years. Thank you, everyone!! Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 16
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@tcolesz12 wrote:

UPDATE: I finally got synchrony bank/Paypal to remove the late payment (120) from my report. I received a call from them on 1/17/2023 and this morning received an email that they have removed the late payment and my Experian is already showing the update. Now the only baddie I have left is a CO with Capone. (first, late was Aug of 2018). Wish me luck on having them to remove it early (one can wish)

Very nice, congrats! And Good luck with Cap One.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 12 of 16
tcolesz12
Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@tcolesz12 wrote:

UPDATE: I finally got synchrony bank/Paypal to remove the late payment (120) from my report. I received a call from them on 1/17/2023 and this morning received an email that they have removed the late payment and my Experian is already showing the update. Now the only baddie I have left is a CO with Capone. (first, late was Aug of 2018). Wish me luck on having them to remove it early (one can wish)

Very nice, congrats! And Good luck with V

Cap One.

Yeah, that's going to be the hardest fight ever, they are a very tough nut to crack. 

Message 13 of 16
financialfreedom777
Regular Contributor

@tcolesz12 wrote:

Wanted to give everyone here an update I was FINALLY able to crack Amex on getting my two late payments from Dec 2018 and March 2019 taken off Experian as of yesterday I got the notification today. I just stayed positive the entire time and never gave up. I've been able to get Discover, Amazon/synchrony bank, and now Amex to take lates off my credit report. It took me about 1.5 years of sending GW letters for one to finally work. Granted my score only went up 6 points but it's better than having it on my report. Now I just have to get Capone and Paypal removed somehow hahahaha. 

For those who are going to ask my Amazon/synchrony bank and Amex were closed by them but I paid them in full. I got back in with Amex about 1.3 years ago and have been using my Amex gold card a lot since then. Discover the card was never closed and it has been open for about 7-8 years so have a long history with them. Amazon was pure luck honestly. 

That's great! CONGRATS! Uff, I've been trying to get my 30days late removed by Amazon for ages with no luck :-( How'd you do it?

Starting Score: 12/18/2019 EQ 601 | TU 614 | EX 596
Current Score after recent fall from grace: 02/8/2023 EQ 647 | TU 660 | EX 663
Goal Score: 780

Message 14 of 16
tcolesz12
Contributor

@financialfreedom777 wrote:

@tcolesz12 wrote:

Wanted to give everyone here an update I was FINALLY able to crack Amex on getting my two late payments from Dec 2018 and March 2019 taken off Experian as of yesterday I got the notification today. I just stayed positive the entire time and never gave up. I've been able to get Discover, Amazon/synchrony bank, and now Amex to take lates off my credit report. It took me about 1.5 years of sending GW letters for one to finally work. Granted my score only went up 6 points but it's better than having it on my report. Now I just have to get Capone and Paypal removed somehow hahahaha. 

For those who are going to ask my Amazon/synchrony bank and Amex were closed by them but I paid them in full. I got back in with Amex about 1.3 years ago and have been using my Amex gold card a lot since then. Discover the card was never closed and it has been open for about 7-8 years so have a long history with them. Amazon was pure luck honestly. 

That's great! CONGRATS! Uff, I've been trying to get my 30days late removed by Amazon for ages with no luck :-( How'd you do it?

DM sent

Message 15 of 16
larryfish96
Established Member

Hi, I'm trying to get some lates removed from Synchrony/PayPal. Is there  any chance you could message me? I've tried goodwill letters twice and they did get back to me. Unfortunately, it was just to decline my request and tell me that they are required to report accurate information. I did include in my letters that I know they have to report accurate information, but they are not required to report the tradeline itself. Thank you!!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.