Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill Success: Synchrony and Capital One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodwill Success: Synchrony and Capital One

Sent Goodwill letters (emails) out on Sunday night. On Tuesday I received emails from Synchrony and Capital One that they had received my letter and would look at my account. Wednesday I received a voicemail from Capital One to please call them back. Got in touch with them on my lunch break today and they let me know they were removing the late from 2020 but their policy won't let them remove the late from 2019. I thanked that supervisor PROFUSELY because hey, they didn't have to remove anything.

Got off that call and saw a notification that I had received a secure message in my Synchrony account. Logged in and had a message from the Office of the President letting me know they were removing the two lates (2020), removing the derogatory remarks and showing my account as 100% history, though it will remain closed.

Capital One said to give the CRAs 60 days to update, Synchrony said 45.  But by the time I logged out of Synchrony I had a notification from myFICO app saying my Transunion file had been updated. I checked and it was Synchrony, lates gone and remarks removed. 

I almost cried, guys. 

Transunion bumped 7 points for these removals (ETA: Synchrony's removals). Not a lot but I'll take it. 😁

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Re: Goodwill Success: Synchrony and Capital One

Congratulations on the removals! That's awesome!

Message 2 of 20
LenaLuthor
Contributor

So for me  I ha da huge ordeal with Cap One.  Sent a hardship letter.  First person said they would remove my lates from 2 months back in 2017.   Next person was their supervisor   a week later said  no they were wrong can't do that.  Now today ... the supervisor of the supervisor  said they are. I said  if I can get it in writing and they said they already sent it.  

So there's that.  One thing I mentioned specifically was that I was in the hospital.  I also raised 7 kinds of hell and explained how  my other credit card Credit One even removed them ... and they are worse!  haha.  This was when I was told no after being told yes haha.  Apparently with everything combined ... it worked. So i cant say for sure which  did it tho to be honest.

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LenaLuthor did they give you a timeline for when they would be removing? I'm almost 90 days in to waiting for the lates they told me they would remove to actually go away. 😭

Message 4 of 20
LenaLuthor
Contributor

Thy said usually 30-60 days.   Credit One  updated instantly on Experien and then  the rest  when the statement cut.  My cap one statements ar about to cut  so we will see if maybe I will get lucky  in Oct  but prolly Nov.

Message 5 of 20
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 20
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your success! Job well done.

Message 7 of 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats! ..

Message 8 of 20
Mikey123
Valued Member

Congratulations! 

can you please let me know where you sent the capital one letter as I have been unsuccessful with them and have a good reason why they should review my account. Thank you in advance!

Message 9 of 20
LenaLuthor
Contributor

I dont know if I am allowed to put the email here .... but google CEO Capital One Email.    Fairbanks.  It will come up.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.