Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill adjustment letter led to dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodwill adjustment letter led to dispute

I'm fairly new here (to posting anyway---longtime stalker).  I recently mailed a GW letter to WFFNB for a 30 day late payment back in February 2011.  I checked my credit report on here yesterday and see where they placed a remark on all 3 of my reports that I'm disputing the account!! I've had excellent results getting old/paid collections deleted with GW's so I was a little flabbergasted by this.  Has anyone else ever had this happen????

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Goodwill adjustment letter led to dispute

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm fairly new here (to posting anyway---longtime stalker).  I recently mailed a GW letter to WFFNB for a 30 day late payment back in February 2011.  I checked my credit report on here yesterday and see where they placed a remark on all 3 of my reports that I'm disputing the account!! I've had excellent results getting old/paid collections deleted with GW's so I was a little flabbergasted by this.  Has anyone else ever had this happen????

Yes, unfortunately this happens sometimes.   Either they robo~scan the letter or someone completely misinterprets it.....

Have you tried calling them ?   Maybe you could connect with the right department and work it out.

Fortunately this is only a 30 day late, and since it is over a year old, much of the FICO scoring ding should have faded by now.....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill adjustment letter led to dispute

I actually did call. I faxed a letter requesting that they remove the dispute remark along with a copy of my report showing where it was disputed. Hopefully it won't take too long to get it straightened out. I couldn't find anything where anyone else had this happen.  A simple "no" from them would have been better! Lol.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.