Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill email question

tag
txoojher

Goodwill email question

Hello all,

My initial chase bank letter was denied via regular postal mail. I am now attempting to email the ceo. I was just wondering what the best format would be. Do i attach the letter as a pdf file? Should i just copy the letter over as the body of the email? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Starting Score : 574
Current Score : 594
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
John060675
Valued Contributor

Re: Goodwill email question

I would copy it in the body of the email.  Companies tend to shy away from opening files, because of the virus threat.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

^Yup, not to mention if the email recipient is too lazy to open an attachment and simply discards the email. 

Message 3 of 6
txoojher

Thanks for your responses. After much searching on the forums and not getting a definitive answer i sent the email with the attached pdf already this morning. I had the same thoughts as far as the receiver being a little sketchy on opening an attachment from a random email, but noticed many topics about pdf's so thought that might have been the norm. I guess i'll give it a week or two and if no responses will follow up with an email with the letter as the body.

Message 4 of 6
Mandazoid
Contributor

I sent a GW email to my student loan lender last week with the letter as the body of the email (no attachment). I had a positive response within 12 hours.

Starting Score: 609 (8/23/11)
Current Score: TU: 805 (5/27/16)
Goal Score: 820
Message 5 of 6
txoojher

Good News! Got a call from a nice lady at chase stating they had taken care of the late payment and will be mailing me letters to verify!  So i guess PDF or letter as body would be at your discretion.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.