Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill letter with Ally Financial

tag
Windowguy
Valued Member

Goodwill letter with Ally Financial

I'm in the middle of obtaining a mortgage loan and I wanted to get a lower mortgage rate but I had 5 late payments on my Ally Financial car loan over a 2 year period. I sent a goodwill letter via email to Jeffrey Brown (Mod cut-sorry it cant be posted in the public forum). I didn't get a response from him but lord and behold I got an email from Sabrina whom was an Auto Executive Cutomer Relations. She asked me few questions about why I was late, I explained to her how a year and a half ago I was laid off work and it was a ruff time for me however, since then I have not been late. She said she would do some research and get back to me. A week later she called me and said she would remove 2 of the 30 day late payments and 1 of the 60 day late payments. Score increased 30 points yay. 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Goodwill letter with Ally Financial

Well done Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 19
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the removal! 

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello! I just got Ally to remove a 30 day late from my credit report! I was wondering how long did it take for the update to reflect on your credit report?
Message 4 of 19
Windowguy
Valued Member

It reflected on the credit report within 3 days 

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s good to know. So they made the update last Thursday (9/5) - so do you think I should give it a few days being that it was the end of the week/weekend?

They told me it could take 5 days but then I heard it can take 30-45 days and I am in the process of securing a morgtage. Thank you!
Message 6 of 19
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Nice. Way to go!

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good news! 2 out of the 3 CB’s updated. Just waiting on Equifax to update!
Message 8 of 19
Windowguy
Valued Member

The process is pretty quick for and update. Equifax were the last to update my report also, I believe it took about a week.
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay i’ll give it a few days! Thanks so much. Crossing my fingers it’s updated by the weekend
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.