cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill letter with Ally Financial

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Member

Goodwill letter with Ally Financial

I'm in the middle of obtaining a mortgage loan and I wanted to get a lower mortgage rate but I had 5 late payments on my Ally Financial car loan over a 2 year period. I sent a goodwill letter via email to Jeffrey Brown (Mod cut-sorry it cant be posted in the public forum). I didn't get a response from him but lord and behold I got an email from Sabrina whom was an Auto Executive Cutomer Relations. She asked me few questions about why I was late, I explained to her how a year and a half ago I was laid off work and it was a ruff time for me however, since then I have not been late. She said she would do some research and get back to me. A week later she called me and said she would remove 2 of the 30 day late payments and 1 of the 60 day late payments. Score increased 30 points yay. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Goodwill letter with Ally Financial

Well done Smiley Happy
"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 2 of 10
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the removal! 

EX 754 EQ 774 TU 752

Message 3 of 10
New Visitor

Hello! I just got Ally to remove a 30 day late from my credit report! I was wondering how long did it take for the update to reflect on your credit report?
Message 4 of 10
Valued Member

It reflected on the credit report within 3 days 

Message 5 of 10
New Visitor

That’s good to know. So they made the update last Thursday (9/5) - so do you think I should give it a few days being that it was the end of the week/weekend?

They told me it could take 5 days but then I heard it can take 30-45 days and I am in the process of securing a morgtage. Thank you!
Message 6 of 10
Senior Contributor

Nice. Way to go!

My posts are JMHO. I DO NOT claim to be a FICO expert. Just sharing my experiences from rebuild to recovery after BK DC. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 7 of 10
New Visitor

Good news! 2 out of the 3 CB’s updated. Just waiting on Equifax to update!
Message 8 of 10
Valued Member

The process is pretty quick for and update. Equifax were the last to update my report also, I believe it took about a week.
Message 9 of 10
New Visitor

Okay i’ll give it a few days! Thanks so much. Crossing my fingers it’s updated by the weekend
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.