Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill letter with UFCU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodwill letter with UFCU

Has anyone had luck with a goodwill letter to University Federal Credit Union in Austin, TX? I have one 30-day and one 60-day late payment in over 10 years of an otherwise spotless record. The lates happened because my auto-deduction system got disabled because of insufficient funds at one point and it took me until the second late payment to realize and fix the problem.

I have tried writing a goodwill letter requesting them to remove the lates, but they refused. Has anyone else had success with them recently? Has persisting helped?

AV

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Goodwill letter with UFCU

Hi avenka!

Since your question is about fixing your credit, I'm going to move your post to the rebuilding your credit forum.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No replies yet. I suppose people haven't had positive goodwill experiences with UFCU.

Fyi, I received an email from their senior VP of lending with a Cc to the CEO thanking me for my clear and detailed explanation of the situation but apologizing for not being able to remove the lates.

AV

Message 3 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I am guessing you are not getting replies because no one has ever used them.  They are in TX.

I have never even heard of them and I grew up in TX.

Don't letter a negative response stop you.  Keep sending them. 

Message 4 of 7
jonroboue

I agree. There are so many unknown CAs out there and you must go at them using examples you find on here. I have dealt with a few unheard of CA and they can be a pain to deal with but do not give up.

Starting Score: 6/26/10 525
Current Score: 578
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

This is a CU based in TX, not a CA. 

But, as I said, keep sending the GWs.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, that's the plan: to keep sending letters until some kind soul melts. I can't believe they won't remove two lates for amounts of about $50 and $75 respectively given that I have over a decade of a timely payment record with them. The reason I was late was that my auto-deduction system got disabled  after eight years of being enabled (because of insufficient funds once--my mistake while moving funds around) and it took me a while to realize the problem.

I kinda even like them cause they are a CU, gave me my first credit card, and I like most everything from my school days at UT Austin, but it bugs me that can't show a little kindness. The lates are from Jan'09 and Jul'08, so it is probably not affecting me that much, but I just want them to like me back.

AV

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.