Did you mean: 

Goodwill letters on late payments ---UPDATE

tag
credit8502020
Established Contributor

Re: Goodwill letters on late payments ---UPDATE

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I sent multiple letters to this address: Discover Financial Services P.O. Box 30943 Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0943. I think this is the one that worked. I'm guessing I got lucky and the right person at the right time opened one of them and took care of it. I never got a call , letter or email saying they would. Just opened my credit report and bam..they were gone!

I did email the CEO, but got back a letter and email from someone in his office, saying they could not offer a goodwill adjustment.  So it was the hard copy letters that worked.

Honestly, in my letters. I just told the truth. Company I was working for was sold, lost my job, moved across country for a new job and got behind. Basically, life happened. Haha. Told them I'm in a good place the past 5 years. I've been a loyal customer for 19 years and only had those 3 missed payments. 

Good luck. 

PS- I'm still trying to crack Capital One. They are a tough one. But I keep sending letters and emails.

@Anonymous Thank you for providing these details. I'm glad to hear those lates got removed. I sent the email today and will be sending off letters today or tomorrow as well! 

Message 21 of 41
credit8502020
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I sent multiple letters to this address: Discover Financial Services P.O. Box 30943 Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0943. I think this is the one that worked. I'm guessing I got lucky and the right person at the right time opened one of them and took care of it. I never got a call , letter or email saying they would. Just opened my credit report and bam..they were gone!

I did email the CEO, but got back a letter and email from someone in his office, saying they could not offer a goodwill adjustment.  So it was the hard copy letters that worked.

Honestly, in my letters. I just told the truth. Company I was working for was sold, lost my job, moved across country for a new job and got behind. Basically, life happened. Haha. Told them I'm in a good place the past 5 years. I've been a loyal customer for 19 years and only had those 3 missed payments. 

Good luck. 

PS- I'm still trying to crack Capital One. They are a tough one. But I keep sending letters and emails.

@Anonymous  Ok. Thank you! Did you send the letters via certified mail or standard mail? I hope your Capital One lates come off soon too!!!

Message 22 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just sent them regular mail. 

Fired off a few more yesterday to Cap 1. We shall see.

Message 23 of 41
credit8502020
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just sent them regular mail. 

Fired off a few more yesterday to Cap 1. We shall see.

@Anonymous Ok. Great! Thank you! 

Message 24 of 41
wife2froggy
Contributor

Re: Goodwill letters on late payments

@Anonymous wrote:

"I know the Fair Credit Report Act requires the information being reported to be accurate. The FCRA, however, also dictates that is not mandatory to report any information at all and reporting is at the full discretion of the creditor. I know this account is being report accurately but, in the interest of customer service and goodwill, would it be possible to request an early exclusion and extend a one-time courtesy to remove the late payment entries from 2015 from my credit before the full 7 years have passed?" 

I literally copied and pasted this right into a GW letter and updated the date. I love it. Thank you for your help - Fingers crossed it works (mine is a single late payment on a closed refi)

On the road!
FICO 8 6/15/17 EQ 591 // TU 570 // EX 606

FICO 8 03/15/2021 EQ 702 // TU 700 // EX 699
Message 25 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wife2froggy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

"I know the Fair Credit Report Act requires the information being reported to be accurate. The FCRA, however, also dictates that is not mandatory to report any information at all and reporting is at the full discretion of the creditor. I know this account is being report accurately but, in the interest of customer service and goodwill, would it be possible to request an early exclusion and extend a one-time courtesy to remove the late payment entries from 2015 from my credit before the full 7 years have passed?" 

I literally copied and pasted this right into a GW letter and updated the date. I love it. Thank you for your help - Fingers crossed it works (mine is a single late payment on a closed refi)

Keep us updated and let us know if it works for you 🙏

Message 26 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@myquestionsfico wrote:

Boisvert - so has this tecnique worked often for you?  Just curious, as I'm in a similar spot.  I have some closed accounts that will be good for Early Exclusion in 2021, but I also have some lates that EE doesn't apply for.  They are all over 5.5 to 6 years old now, so my hope is that by appealing - as you did - for EE from OC's, I might be able to get them off my reports a little early than 7 years (for each late).

Yes, it worked for 2 creditors that were about a year out still from EE.

Message 27 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you mind sharing the CEO's email address?

Message 28 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also just received a late from discover. Thought I had made the payment and I sadly didn't. I have had a perfect record with them and sent off a few letters asking for a goodwill adjustment. Would love to send an email but am having troubles finding a valid email address. 

Message 29 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

What address or email did you use for Capital One and Synchrony bank?  I have late payments with them and have sent goodwill letters to them without any success.  Thanks for the help!

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.