Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill letters on late payments ---UPDATE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill letters on late payments ---UPDATE

How long after you sent the GW letter to Discover did you notice the lates were removed? Just trying to get a timeline on what to expect...I sent out a certified GW to Discover a few weeks ago and they should have gotten it by now. I have not received any letters or emails from them yet acknowledging that they received my letter or whether it was denied or approved : (

Message 31 of 41
hd1218

Im an AU on my moms discover card and recently seen she had 2 60 day lates reported back in 2017. She got caught up on her payments after and paid off the balance. They ended up closing the card a year later due to inactivity. I'm going to try and help her get these lates removed. Thanks for sharing the address! I'll report back my results.

9/7/21 EQ:565 TU: 575 EX: 582
Message 32 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you please share who you sent your messages to?

Edit: I guess I should have read the entire thread before posting my comment. 

Message 33 of 41
bsal
Frequent Contributor

Hey I might be late but do you have the address where I can mail the goodwill letters to? or email ? however you did it , I also have some discover late payments I would like to rid of

Message 34 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey 

Can you Please share the email address you sent out the mail to.

@Anonymous wrote:

Just an update. I have done the saturation method the past two weeks. Got some denials again -, but woke up this morning and checked my reports. 

Come to find out , all of my Discover late payments from 2015/2016 were gone.  Two weeks ago I emailed the CEO and got a denial, so just started sending more letters to multiple locations. Never got any calls backs, just denial letters. 

So not sure which contact worked, but they are gone from all 3 reports. Credit jumped about 35 points on average on all 3 reports.

I'm still trying to tackle Capital One, but this gave me some boosted confidence.

Message 35 of 41
HowDoesThisAllWork
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just an update. I have done the saturation method the past two weeks. Got some denials again -, but woke up this morning and checked my reports. 

Come to find out , all of my Discover late payments from 2015/2016 were gone.  Two weeks ago I emailed the CEO and got a denial, so just started sending more letters to multiple locations. Never got any calls backs, just denial letters. 

So not sure which contact worked, but they are gone from all 3 reports. Credit jumped about 35 points on average on all 3 reports.

I'm still trying to tackle Capital One, but this gave me some boosted confidence.

Awesome!  If you should be so lucky as to have all of the remaning reported late payments removed from all of your credit reports then just know that you will be moved from a so-called "dirty profile" to a so-called "clean profile".  Assuming, of course, that the late payments that were reported (and since removed) are the only deragatory items on your credit reports.

Essentially, there are some 12 so-called "credit profiles".  Eight of them are clean profiles and four of them are dirty profiles.  Your credit profile - which is made up of all your 'credit events' - is what segments you from everyone else.  And it is one of the reasons why the same event might cost you 15 points but someone else two points (for example).

If you look at the scoring primer (an absolutely "must read" if one is genuinely interested in the credit game) it breaks down everything so nicely.  It is a lot of detail, though.

Congrats on taking your issues on directly and even more congrats on the success.

FICO 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Bankcard 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Mortgage 2/4/5 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

Starting Score: Exp 627
Current Score: Exp 713
Goal Score: Exp 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 36 of 41
desertrose841
Established Member

Does anyone know how I can contact Bank of America? i can't believe my first 30 day late in years! I am in total depression at this moment seeing it on my report. It had finally gotten to 673 and now went down 44 points. I'm in shock. Of course I called them. They say they can't do anything. Please advise. 

Message 37 of 41
Mrlamb
New Visitor

Hello! Congrats on your succuss I am hoping you can help me out too. I am trying to remove a pesky missed payment on Discover and they basically are saying that they are correct and cannot change it everytime I call in. I have not sent a "Goodwill letter" or an email but hoping you can let me know the best place to do this for Discover if you dont mind me asking? - Such a bummer as me and my family are trying to close on a home soon and this just happend to us. Hoping I can get it removed ASAP :/ SOS 

Message 38 of 41
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Mrlamb wrote:

Hello! Congrats on your succuss I am hoping you can help me out too. I am trying to remove a pesky missed payment on Discover and they basically are saying that they are correct and cannot change it everytime I call in. I have not sent a "Goodwill letter" or an email but hoping you can let me know the best place to do this for Discover if you dont mind me asking? - Such a bummer as me and my family are trying to close on a home soon and this just happend to us. Hoping I can get it removed ASAP :/ SOS 

Welcome @Mrlamb 

The majority on this page hasnt been here since Jan. ceoemail.com has all the contacts to get started.

Message 39 of 41
Mrlamb
New Visitor

Thank you very much! Do you have any other things you recommend for removing a missed payment from Discover? - They are saying they have to report what is accurate. But I thought they set me up on AutoPay so I think they are not accurate as I never got a phone call or anything about being late. Actually just dropped off a good will letter to send to them and sent it in email format to the CEO address. Any other things you think I can do? I have reported also with all 3 credit bureaus 

Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.