Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill no longer working in 2018?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodwill no longer working in 2018?

I just got off the phone with AMEX had them for almost 3 years and really working to boost my credit for an upcoming mortgage. I used one of the backdoor numbers I found on here and the rep basically told me that they would not be able to legally remove anything from the report itself. They would only be able to adjust the amount of late fee or something like that. Anyone have any insight?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill no longer working in 2018?

As the information furnisher they are able to add or remove anything at their discretion. Sometimes telling them that so they know you know helps them along in removing items. They like to pull the "we cant remove anything because we have to accurately report information" tactic but they dont report certain things all the time or report things inaccurately. I have an account that i was paying on that was supposed to report monthly. They didnt report anything until I became late with a payment. Then they started reporting. If they can choose what they want to do with a tradeline. At least thats what i have read around the block. I am sure someone else will correct me if I am wrong though. 

I also find email the best way to reach people when i want something done. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.