Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill over the phone?

tag
MarieSmiles4
Valued Member

Goodwill over the phone?

How successful is having a late pay good willed over the phone??

Trying to get a mortgage and need 32 points per broker, thought it may be quicker this way than mailing letters.

anyone have luck with this?

Starting Score: 568
Current Score: EQ624, TU630 TU04 606, EX640
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Goodwill over the phone?

Lots of posters have had luck over the phone.  It really depends on who the creditor is and the CSR you happen to get.

Message 2 of 3
Jane_O
New Contributor

Re: Goodwill over the phone?

Today alone I have had two lates removed by Toyota and negotiated a PFD with National Recovery for a medical collection over the phone. Last week I started calling Capital One last week to GW 3 lates and was successful. I recorded my phone calls by calling from one phone on speaker and recording voice memos with my iPhone just in case they try any funny business later on. I made them repeat that they would delete in many different ways...lol.

I am too buying a home and currently need 60 points. I had one collection and 5 lates removed, was added to my mom's chase credit card as an AU that she has had since 1994, and got my utilization down to 8%. If this doesn't give me 60 points by the end of the month, I really do not know what will...Keeping my fingers crossed...

Good Luck. 

PM me if you want to talk about how i did it. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.