Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill success with CreditOne!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodwill success with CreditOne!

I have two charge offs with CreditOne bank. One from October 2017 and one from January 2018. Both were sold to LVNV Funding. Since CreditOne no longer owns the debt I had no chance of PFD with them so I sent a goodwill letter asking them to remove both of the accounts from my credit reports. I sent the goodwill letter via email on January 29th. A week later I received a voicemail and an email from someone at the presidents office saying they would have my request reviewed in 3-5 business days. Yesterday I got an alert that one of the accounts had been removed from TU. Then today I got an email with a PDF document attached stating that as a courtesy they will remove both charge offs from my credit reports! They said to allow 30-60 days to see the change.

And for those wondering, I just used the presidents email. You can find it in the forums and by doing a quick google search.
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill success with CreditOne!

That is great.  Congrats!  I emailed a different executive on Thursday evening last week.  I received an email and voicemail about 2 hours ago from a person with the title "Presidential Representative, Customer Service".  Both indicated I can expect an email response to my request within 2-5 business days.  Hope mine has a similar outcome.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing as me! I’m assuming you can expect success. Fingers crossed for you!
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! But, did u ask credit one or lvnv to remove them, I got confused in the beginning of the post

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked CreditOne! Sorry for the confusion. I’ll be working on a PFD with the LVNV collections next.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cali_Alli, check your PM Inbox

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had the same experience, seems like they are very forgiving if you ask nicely
Message 7 of 13
talktohoov
Valued Member

I missed a payment last month with Creditone and it was a complete oversight and miscommunication from my wife and I.  I didnt even know I was behind until I received an alert from Myfico stating I was behind and that it had been reported.  It dropped my Trans 42 pts, Exp 41 pts and Eq 61 pts!  After pleaing my case with the customer rep with no luck I immediately looked here for advice.  I emailed them late Friday last week and I just missed a call from the President's office (Monday).  They stated they received my email and are looking into it and said they would respond within 3-5 days by email.  I was wondering if this is the same experience you all have experienced with Creditone?   I am devastated by this hit on my credit and praying they will remove this from my report.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cali_Ali

Hi, Curious if you had any success with LVNV, as far as PFD?

They are one of my baddies.

Thanks!

TRFM

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@talktohoov wrote:

I missed a payment last month with Creditone and it was a complete oversight and miscommunication from my wife and I.  I didnt even know I was behind until I received an alert from Myfico stating I was behind and that it had been reported.  It dropped my Trans 42 pts, Exp 41 pts and Eq 61 pts!  After pleaing my case with the customer rep with no luck I immediately looked here for advice.  I emailed them late Friday last week and I just missed a call from the President's office (Monday).  They stated they received my email and are looking into it and said they would respond within 3-5 days by email.  I was wondering if this is the same experience you all have experienced with Creditone?   I am devastated by this hit on my credit and praying they will remove this from my report.

Yes, same experience for me and my two lates were removed.  

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.