Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gosh, I'm STUPID or what???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gosh, I'm STUPID or what???

First, Thanks all the FICO members here for postings questions and answers. I spent so many restless night in this forum and dumb enough to send out the DVs letters w/ my SIGNATURE aaaaahhhh... 5 of them. At least T-Moble/ Law office of Mitchell Kay and MCI accepted and will delete it off my CR. But what  about the other 3?? I didn't find FICO before hand. I went ahead and contact them. Did not valid any debt with them but argued w/ them over the phone.. Geez I went nut when i read more and more DV letter with the line "DO NOT SIGN YOUR NAME" urghh.. I'm crossing my fingers. I'm sorry I might post it in the wrong section but I just need to get it out. I'm so frustrated. I did not even GC (I just got this term last night). These are not even my debt dued to ID Theft. I never received anything from them.. Geez.. according to some of the post I could have been rich.. Have anyone done the same thing I did?

**BTW, T-Mobile asked me to SIGN. so I did. URGH.

2nd. Asset Acceptance LLC asked me to send in the FTC Id theft letter thing and it included my signature also. GOshhh.. I did not even DV them.. only over the phone.. arghhh..

Message Edited by uptown on 10-01-2008 02:38 PM
Message Edited by uptown on 10-01-2008 02:38 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Gosh, I'm STUPID or what???

Lordy, Lordy, Lordy ... don't you dare you call yourself "Stupid!!" Smiley Mad

How in the HECK were you supposed to know??!! Magic 8 Ball? Psychic manifestation? Oujia Board??

No. Obviously none of that works (been there, done that -- JK). What you DID do is come here and that was the PERFECT choice!! The smartest choice. You could have won the Nobel Peace Prize and that STILL wouldn't have shown as much brains as you did in coming in here. Smiley Happy

Now, relax. Take a deep breath. And post your baddies. ALL about your baddies. Date closed, date you went delinquent, etc. We WILL get you sorted. Soooo ... instead of smacking yourself and calling yourself horrible names, get to cutting and pasting. I REALLY doubt you could be in a mess that we can't help you with!!

*toe tapping impatiently*
We're waiting. Now post. NOW. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wondering,

Thank you for your reply. I did post some questions and got some answer. I just found an answer for the next DV to NCO. This time i'm not gonna sign it. sighs.. 

I found a Judgement on my Experian CR but I have no clue who sued me. It did not show on my TU and Equifax? I will contact the court tomorrow. Geez, I was staying w/ the old law which I thought you have to pay to see your CR. Didn't know that I can obtain a free one annually. Didn't check my CR till now, that I need a new car.... SHOCKED when I saw my score. It was 720 when I bought a car in 2002. Now it's at 542.. hilarious.. due to so many double posting of student loans. Sallie Mae listed as both GOOD and BAD on my EX. How is that possible? And lots of accounts opened and being put in collection due to ID Theft.

Wait I do know who sued me but unable to search for them. 

It's Khaft Capital Recovery. 

Have anyone heard of them? 

Message Edited by uptown on 10-01-2008 03:58 PM
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you list the SLs and their statuses? Like this:

Original Creditor: SFLA
Status: paying as agreed, current (or transferred or sold, blah-blah-blah)
Late: 1 30 day, 4 60 day, 5 90 day (etc)
Date opened: XX/XXXX
Balance: $XX,XXX
Date of last activity: XX/XXXX

It's easier to tell you what should be where (if at all) with all the info possible (minus account numbers and names, of course!) than just reading that you have X loans that appear X times on your XX CR.

You might even consider posting the questions about the SLs and their reporting to the Student Loan forums (under "Types of Credit Products") ... there's several people who frequent that forum that REALLY know all there is to know about SLs.

But really, unless they ALL report a balance or have actual duplicates (meaning, you didn't default on any of them and have them reported by either a CA or another lender), they usually do wonders for your credit -- certainly more harm than good. They're a good unsecured installment loan and usually give a NICE length of history -- since they last longer (suckier for the wallet, though) than an auto loan.

As to Khaft, never heard of them. But I Google a bit and see what I can find!!!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wonderin,

I afraid they might move my post so I posted them in the Student Loan section. Also asking LYNNINMN for help since she was an x-financiad.

I was just finished up the letter to Exquifax since they put me down as I live inside my school and my work address. Also another bunch of address with incorrect apt # and some that I never reside.

I'm still confused with the term of SOL. According to my state is 5 years. But new CA reporting it.

EXAMPLE:

Original Creditor: Wamu
Charge off as of Oct 2005, Sep 2005 ------ Feb 2005.

180 days as of Jan 2005 --> 30 days as of Aug 2004.

Date opened: 06/2001
Balance: $2203
Date of last activity: XX/XXXX <== I don't see this in my EX, TU. Equifax does not have Wamu info on it.

Look like Portfolio Recovery & Affiliate bought it.

Collection as of Jan 2006.  

Date opened: 11/2005
Balance: $2499

Recent payment: $ 52 <== I never made any payment to them.

Date of last activity: XX/XXXX <== I don't see this in my EX, TU. Equifax does not have Wamu info on it. What happen? it felt off my CR??

So, what SOL will do to me?  

My car loan in 2002. Paid off in March 2007. Yet TU listed me as I was LATE since April - 07 to Dec 07. <== Called the bank. They asked me to dispute it w/ TU. Haven't start the letter yet since I'm still on w/ Experian.

------------

Still awaiting for respond from Asset Accept (AT&T) and Corporate (RCN Cable Company). The DV letters that I SIGNED my name at the bottom and SNAIL MAIL them in Sept 9.

------------

Just finished another DV letter to NCO. I called them over the phone and asked for info. They sent me an INVOICE back in 2005 from the OC for something that I didn't purchase.

That's pretty much what I'm going through right now.. Plus 20+ SL accounts spread all over the report.  Oh and KHAFT RECOVERY. I was up till 4am last night and unable to find them. So I ended up disputing them with EX. I dont even know or heard about them.

Gosh, I'm pregnant with my 2nd child and due by the end of this month. We decided we need a BIGGER car (VAN) since both of our cars won't fit 2 car seats Smiley Sad + Mom, OLDER daughter and a Husband. My husband's new immigrant and got denied on EVERYTHING. Eventhough he got a high paying job but still cant get creditcards, which made both of us so frustrated. He blamed me for being careless hic hic... when I pulled up my CR and SHOCKED SHOCKEDDDDDDD...  

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wonderin,

I afraid they might move my post so I posted them in the Student Loan section. Also asking LYNNINMN for help since she was an x-financiad.

Good move. LYNN may side with the SL servicers, but she knows all. If there's an answer or a plan, she'll know it. 

I was just finished up the letter to Exquifax since they put me down as I live inside my school and my work address. Also another bunch of address with incorrect apt # and some that I never reside.

Yep, EQ did that to us, too. Except they put our CURRENT addy as "Previous" and put our previous addy as "Current."

We sent them the pre-HIPAA letter (didn't even mention the whole addy thing) and they fixed it automatically. Goobers. 

I'm still confused with the term of SOL. According to my state is 5 years. But new CA reporting it.

EXAMPLE:

Charge off as of Oct 2005, Sep 2005 ------ Feb 2005.

180 days as of Jan 2005 --> 30 days as of Aug 2004.

Date opened: 06/2001
Balance: $2203
Date of last activity: XX/XXXX <== I don't see this in my EX, TU. Equifax does not have Wamu info on it.

Look like Portfolio Recovery & Affiliate bought it.

Collection as of Jan 2006.  

Date opened: 11/2005
Balance: $2499

Recent payment: $ 52 <== I never made any payment to them.

Date of last activity: XX/XXXX <== I don't see this in my EX, TU. Equifax does not have Wamu info on it. What happen? it felt off my CR??

That happens, sometimes.  WaMu simply might never have reported to EQ.

For the CA, some are funny. On my CRs, I have 3 medical collections (2 of which just started popping up since I started repairing -- frickin' vultures!!). But guess what? Only ONE of them reports to TU and/or EQ. They seem to love EX and flood that CR but ignore EQ and TU. Go figger. 

But I WOULD make sure to print each CR out and keep a copy. The CA might decide to reage at some later point and you want to have proof of the actual reporting info. 

So, what SOL will do to me?  

You NEED to know the DOLA.  I can't tell you much as re SoL without knowing the state. Some states allow a payment (which they seem to be saying that you made) to reset the SoL clock. We need to know if your state's one of those!

As to the when of the SoL, I see that the "first" late link in the chain of lates (that led to the charge-off) was in Aug 04. That would put your SoL expiring Aug 09.

My car loan in 2002. Paid off in March 2007. Yet TU listed me as I was LATE since April - 07 to Dec 07. <== Called the bank. They asked me to dispute it w/ TU. Haven't start the letter yet since I'm still on w/ Experian.

Were you late? Or is it a mistake?

If accurate, send them a GW-- you can find oodles of great GWs here with a quick search. Just make sure to make it kinda soppy and smarmy. Or as we call it in the marketing biz: "Spin." It gets people like us to buy crappy junk food, why can't it help our credit? Right? Smiley Wink

If INaccurate, I'd still send a GW, except instead of saying "please remove lates because Life Event X happened" say something like "There seems to be a misunderstanding  -- Please remove lates because they're inaccurate."

Many here will say to just do a dispute via CRAs, and I think that's probably the best way TO go ... but, I'd be worried about the OC verifying the wrong info and getting a new ding for it. Might even put WORSE info on there (like 10 lates!!). 'Specially with the credit crunch right now, I'd be adverse to ANYTHING lowering your score. 

------------

Still awaiting for respond from Asset Accept (AT&T) and Corporate (RCN Cable Company). The DV letters that I SIGNED my name at the bottom and SNAIL MAIL them in Sept 9.

------------

Just finished another DV letter to NCO. I called them over the phone and asked for info. They sent me an INVOICE back in 2005 from the OC for something that I didn't purchase.

That's pretty much what I'm going through right now.. Plus 20+ SL accounts spread all over the report.  Oh and KHAFT RECOVERY. I was up till 4am last night and unable to find them. So I ended up disputing them with EX. I dont even know or heard about them.

I'm still wading through that post/thread. **bleep**. That's a LOT of loans. 'Course I can't talk -- DH has the same amount of loans!!

Wouldn't it have been easier to keep track of if they just gave you one BIG loan, rather than oodles of teeny-weenies?? Yikes!! o_O

As for Khaft Recovery, if they have a license of some sort, they have to have a web presence (nowadays, even your 10 yo neighbor has a web presence!!). Chances are, they operate as a smaller operation to a bigger operation (sorta like outsourcing).

Can you give me their addy? Or a phone number for them? If you feel hinky about posting something like that here, just PM me with it. I know of a few databases that'll let you search (reliably) with just an addy or phone number. 

Gosh, I'm pregnant with my 2nd child and due by the end of this month. We decided we need a BIGGER car (VAN) since both of our cars won't fit 2 car seats Smiley Sad + Mom, OLDER daughter and a Husband. My husband's new immigrant and got denied on EVERYTHING. Eventhough he got a high paying job but still cant get creditcards, which made both of us so frustrated. He blamed me for being careless hic hic... when I pulled up my CR and SHOCKED SHOCKEDDDDDDD...  

Congrats on the baby!! Now, I'm jealous!! My oldest is 14 (youngest 11) and I would KILL (almost -- then sanity kicks back in and I think of all the dirty diddies -- actually, the real reason is that DH told me "NO!") for another baby. Even the nasty pampers doesn't really bother me. I just want to smell some baby noggin!!!

Anyway, don't fret, Darlin'. We'll get you taken care of. Bad credit IS ugly and it DOES suck behind. But it ain't permanent unless you let it be. And we won't, right?! 

Sit tight!! It'll all be okay!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.