cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got 30 day Mortgage Late GW Letter or Dispute?

tag
igdycsmG6
Regular Contributor

Got 30 day Mortgage Late GW Letter or Dispute?

I just receieved a 30 late for a missed mortgage payment.  I sent the payment within 30 days to the mortgage company.   I called and they said it had not arrived.  It turns out the check was missing some info and was sent back  to me.  I recieved it after 30 days went by from the mortgage company.  It never was rejected by the bank or anything for insufficient funds.     Should I send goodwill letter or attempt to dispute?

What I plan on sending.

April 12th, 2016

Wells Fargo

420 Montgomery Street

San Francisco, CA 94104

To Whom It May Concern,

In March 2016, I made a payment to my mortgage. I noticed the check had not posted and called in to find out why. I checked with the post office and they said it was delivered in the month of March 2016 to Wells Fargo to the correct address. What happened was the check was missing some information and you sent it back to me with a return postage paid envelope. I corrected it and sent it back. But now it has been 30 days and my credit report was impacted.   I am in the process of trying to buy a car.   Since I did attempt to get payment within 30 days with the proof of the post office delivery and it can clearly been seen that it was such an honest mistake, could you please completely remove this record this from all of my credit reports or send me a letter authorizing the removal?  My payment history on my credit report has been good for some time now, with the exception of this honest mistake. I would so greatly appreciate your help and understanding that any correspondence and assistance you give me would be out of your kindness and good will.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide to affect to your decision and please also to contact me by phone or email if need be.

Thank you. Sincerely,

Me

Starting Score: EQ:609
Current Score: 624
Goal Score: EQ:725

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Got 30 day Mortgage Late GW Letter or Dispute?

Hi there OP,

I have created your own thread on this for you as the one you posted in is nearly 8 years old. I changed the title and left everything else intact.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Got 30 day Mortgage Late GW Letter or Dispute?

Send as a request for their GW deletion.

A dispute requires an assertion that their reporting is inaccurate.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.