cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got Credit One Removed, LVNV also removed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got Credit One Removed, LVNV also removed?

So as stated, I successfully got a letter from Credit One to remove my negative tradeline. This was about two weeks ago. I checked my reports, and on TU it's already gone, and it took the LVNV funding line with it! Which I'm super happy about. Is that normal? Are the chances high that it'll be removed from the other 2 bureaus too? As of right now CO is still on the other 2 so I know they haven't updated.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Got Credit One Removed, LVNV also removed?

Congratulations on your success!
Message 2 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A creditor can subjectively choose to delete with only one or two CRAs, and not with all, in response to any good will request or dispute resolution, provided what is reported is accurate.

Deletion with one or two CRAs is not basis for requiring deletion with all.  Credit reporting is per se optional, and a creditor can choose to simplify their reporting by not reporting, or deleting after first having reported, with selective CRAs.

Creditors and debt collectors separately report their information to CRAs.

Creditors report activity and information on their own account with the consumer, and a debt collector separately reports the fact that they have acquired collection authority to pursue efforts to collect on a delinquent debt, either on behalf of a creditor, or if they have purchased the debt, for themselves.

No, deletion of reporting by an original creditor does not compel deletion of collections reported on that same debt.

Only the party who reported the information can thereafter report its correction or deletion, and a creditor cannot delete a reported collection made by an assigned or purchasing debt collector.

Message 3 of 11
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Are you sure LVNV reported to begin with? If you pay them quick enough they might not have reported. But to answer your question, no, OC and CA, if the debt was sold, each are responsible for their own reporting. Grats on the double delete though.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats!

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OmarGB9 wrote:
Are you sure LVNV reported to begin with? If you pay them quick enough they might not have reported. But to answer your question, no, OC and CA, if the debt was sold, each are responsible for their own reporting. Grats on the double delete though.

Yep, LVNV was what I wanted to get deleted more so than Credit one, I just figured it would be easier to do if Credit one was removed first.

I didn't even dispute the LVNV, though. So I wonder what made them delete when Credit one did. I'll keep this thread updated if the other 2 CRA delete it too- or if they don't. 

Thanks for the thanks, but more so looking for answers than congratulations. Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

A creditor can subjectively choose to delete with only one or two CRAs, and not with all, in response to any good will request or dispute resolution, provided what is reported is accurate.

Deletion with one or two CRAs is not basis for requiring deletion with all.  Credit reporting is per se optional, and a creditor can choose to simply their reporting by not reporting, or deleting after first having reported, with selective CRAs.

Creditors and debt collectors separately report their information to CRAs.

Creditors report activity and information on their own account with the consumer, and a debt collector separately reports the fact that they have acquired collection authority to pursue efforts to collect on a delinquent debt, either on behalf of a creditor, or if they have purchased the debt, for themselves.

No, deletion of reporting by an original creditor does not compel deletion of collections reported on that same debt.

Only the party who reported the information can thereafter report its correction or deletion, and a creditor cannot delete a reported collection made by an assigned or purchasing debt collector.

If that were the case, what basis would LVNV have for removing the tradeline? I never disputed it with them Smiley Surprised

Message 7 of 11
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

So what's the timeline from pay off, update, and deletion for lvnv?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's fantastic! I am looking to do the same. I currently have an open collection with LVNV and a Charge off from Credit One (original creditor). What did you do that worked for you? I have been trying but haven't had success.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all I’m having the same problems with LVNV funding I’ve paid off the collection but they won’t remove account any special person I can send a GW letter to?
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.