Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a collection on my report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got a collection on my report

So my scores were around 760 to 770 as I finally got everything negative off my report and last week a collection shows up from TRANSWORLD SYSTEMS.  Seems it is a Gas and Electric bill. They have a date of 2016 on my report.  $310 owed.

So I thought I hadn't any service since 2011.  I called up the electric company and they said I made my last payment in 2011 but I didn't call up to cancel service and I had a credit on my account that lasted until 2013.  I ended up just paying them as I have a government security clearance in progress and don't need something to cause me not to pass the clearance.

So will this collection stay on my report. The Electric company said they would notify the collection agency.  Should it even be on there as I made zero payments since 2011?  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Got a collection on my report

@Anonymous wrote:

So my scores were around 760 to 770 as I finally got everything negative off my report and last week a collection shows up from TRANSWORLD SYSTEMS.  Seems it is a Gas and Electric bill. They have a date of 2016 on my report.  $310 owed.

So I thought I hadn't any service since 2011.  I called up the electric company and they said I made my last payment in 2011 but I didn't call up to cancel service and I had a credit on my account that lasted until 2013.  I ended up just paying them as I have a government security clearance in progress and don't need something to cause me not to pass the clearance.

So will this collection stay on my report. The Electric company said they would notify the collection agency.  Should it even be on there as I made zero payments since 2011?  

You will need a copy of free annual report to see DOFD. That would determine when it "falls off" 

If it's 2011, it should not be there and you can dispute it easily.

If it's 2013, it will fall of some time next year or early 2021, depending on the month in 2013. 

Too late now, but you should have attempted PFD with the CA if there is no entry on CR from the OC. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.