cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got help from TU but EX & EQ are playing games.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got help from TU but EX & EQ are playing games.

I recently got a negative remark removed off my TU report. The original furnisher had no documentation for the account so i was able to get help from the higher ups at TU. What i did was call original creditor and and allow them to speak to TU via phone verification. I was able to get the negative account deleted on the spot (well maybe a few hours due to lower end reps not wanting to assist me)

I want to know is there special departments at EX & EQ where i can get this same thing done. I don't see why I was able to get it done with TU but the other 2 CRAs are being so darn stubborn.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Re: Got help from TU but EX & EQ are playing games.

Have you filed a dispute? If they have no record of the debt, then they won’t be able to respond to a verification from the CRAs and it should get deleted within 30-45 days.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 2 of 9
Stugotsv10
Frequent Contributor

how does this phone verification work with TU?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea  I have filed a dispute, but all 3 CRA's told me they use E-OSCAR system to verfy accounts. Which means all they do is match name, address, and social to account. They don't request documents or contracts with signatures.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stugotsv10 wrote:

how does this phone verification work with TU?

I believe I got lucky, I was transferred to "special Handling" and got someone who actually wanted to help vs reciting policy and procedure. I told them I called original creditor and they had no documentation for this account so how could it be verified if they have no paper work or documents with my signature or authorization to open the account. I told original creditor I give transunion authorization to speak to them on my behalf in regards to the account and the TU rep called and verified everything I said and deleted the account on the spot. Again I may have just caught the right individual at TU. I won't promise everyone there is this nice and willing to help

Message 5 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A creditor can choose not to provide verification to only one CRA (such as apparently the case with TU), and still verify with others.

Lack of verification, and thus deletion, by one CRA is not basis to require that the other CRAs also delete.

If the creditor sends verification back to a given CRA, then that CRA can still verify, and thus has no requirment to delete.

The issue is thus one of whether or not the creditor concedes that they cannot verify the accuracy with any CRA, and not that they chose not to verify with one CRA or the other.

Does the creditor concede the actual inaccuracy of the reporting, or are they only choosing to verify with one or two CRAs, and not a third?

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

All 3 on first dispute verified accounts via E OSCAR system. Which is not a very thorough way to verify accounts.
Message 7 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

As part of the recent consent agreements reached between the big-3 CRAs and the offices of the attorney generals of 32 states, the CRAs have formally agreed to modify their e-Oscar process to include forwarding of all of the relevant information submitted by the consumer in support of their dispute to the furnisher.  

Yes, in the past, use of e-Oscar normally involved the lack of forwarding of all relevant information to the furnisher of the disputed information, but recent revisions by the CRA are correcting that process.

Use of electronic forwarding is specifically sanctioned under the FCRA, and expedites disputes.

Hopefully, revisions will also ensure that expedition is not at the expense of completeness.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea I am aware of that portion but that won't stop original creditors from parroting back same information in first dispute.

But I'm in the last 2 weeks if 2nd round letters. Waiting on documents fro. Original creditors. Did 623 method as well
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.