cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got myself into a big pickle! Not looking to file bankruptcy. I have a plan though!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got myself into a big pickle! Not looking to file bankruptcy. I have a plan though!

I have no idea where the cars are, I actually never saw them. The loans have actually turned into conversion loans because no one ever sent in the titles I later found out, so theyre more like personal loans reporting as autos at the moment.  I have years and years of texts of him saying hes paying this stuff back but no formal agreement. I also have every credit montering service you can think of. I know he wont try to use my credit again, and either way my score is 487 right now with tons of lates, even if he tried, there wouldnt be any luck Im sure. 

Message 11 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got myself into a big pickle! Not looking to file bankruptcy. I have a plan though!

So did he actually buy the automobiles?  Or did he just take these loans as autombile loans and never actually buy the automobiles?  That could potentially be fraud on his part.  If a lender gave a loan for an automobile, but an auto was never purchased and the money was used for something else, I would think that this could possibly be considered defrauding the lender.  Meaning the money was not used for the purpose the lender loaned it for.  

Message 12 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

The automobiles were purchased, as I believe he was renting them in the beginning. But there isnt much communication between us now, besides I cant believe anything he says so any info I would get from him would be useless. Im just chalking everything up as a loss on my end.
Message 13 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

No charge off accounts, no collection accts

Credit cards:
chase 1900/2000
Bethpage fcu 2700/3000
Navy fed 3670/3600
Td bank 1550/1600
Walmart 80/400
Capital one 205/750
Amex 800/1000
Capital one 1340/1500
Victoria secret 0/500
I have other accounts that have since been closed. The first chase acct has also been closed as well.

Loans:
Dcu 23000/17500
Navy fed 18000/25000
Penfed 23000/25000

I also have an auto from toyota on my report for 22,000 but its being paid off by insurance.

Message 14 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, so are the automobiles purchased in his name?  I would think an automobile dealer would be very hesitant to sell an expensive car to someone when the loan was in a different person's name.  If the autos were purchased under your name, demand them back as he does not own them.

Message 15 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, in the post above, please provide the open date for loans/credit cards/minimum monthly payments/apr.  This info should be on your credit reports.

Message 16 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything is in my name alone. Like I stated before, it literally is just a loss. I just have to figure out what Im going to do w these loans and how im going to tackle them. Ive given up on getting anything back or getting any compensation from this guy. Ive tried alot of ways to get them back and ive had no luck thus far. I feel like I have a good grip on the credit cards, its just those autos. Especially because im going to have to get another car asap.
Message 17 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have texts about the accounts, it might be worth seeing a lawyer who offers free consultations about your situation. I’m sorry you’re dealing with this!
Message 18 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive been thinking about contacting a lawyer lately. Thank you.
Message 19 of 38
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I'll try to get this in. Was it or is it still $120,000 owed on the loans?

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.