cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graduated from Discover secure to unsecured.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Graduated from Discover secure to unsecured.

Amazing feeling! I've had Discovere Secure card since 12/20, 1 year this DS. I opened it with $200 deposit. After 7 months of paying on time and PIF. I got an email on 7/30 saying they they will return my deposit and they have increased my credit line to $1500. Thanks to this forum for all the help! We are on our way to the 700 club that is my goal.! Thanks to all. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
mycreditscoreisfair
Frequent Contributor

Re: Graduated from Discover secure to unsecured.

Congrats. My 7th statement hits tomorrow so hoping to join you in the unsecured Discover club.

Starting score (January 2020): 454 (TU)
First goal (December 2020): 580 (TU)
Second goal (August 2021): 670 (TU)
Current scores: 679 (TU), 665 (EQ), 658 (EX)
Current goal: All three bureaus over 670

Declined credit cards: First Premier Bank, Verve, Self, Credit One, Today Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats

Message 3 of 11
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the Disco graduation! 🥳

Message 4 of 11
SoonerSoldier33
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! I keep hearing great things about Discover!

Team Garden Club as of Oct 2021
Message 5 of 11
kb2ehj
New Contributor

Congrats.

This Monday, August 9, 2021, will be my 8th month with them.

I opened a $500 CL with them and like yourself I have no lates, balance carry overs or utilizations over 10% at the time of statement end dates.  This actually goes for all my CC's that I currently have except for one that I basically maxed out (and reported as such) but has since been paid to a balance of 0. 

Hope to have the same email in the inbox Tuesday morning.

****Update*****

Well 4 days past my review date and no love from Discover.  Callled Discover and the rep said it was reviewed on the 9th, but it's still secured.  That sucks, since getting the card my credit score has risen 60+ points, the two last CO's  that I had when I got the card have been paid and showing a $0 balance, again on all 3 bureau's and finally ALL accounts have been paid on time for over a year now.

On the plus side,  I did get approved from one of my local credit unions for a non secured CC wih a starting limit of $9,000, this is the largest limit I've every had on any card.  So at least they trust me, which is funny because I do ALMOST NO BUSINESS with.   I have a $200 savings account that I've not done a single thing with in at least a year.

****UPDATE TO THE UPDATE*****

Just checked my account to make sure a scheduled payment had gone through (no reason for it not to, but just wanted to make sure) and it had.  I was going for the log out button and noticed my credit line had increased from $500 to $1,500.  Looks like I'm unsecured!! so happy right now.  Eight hours roughly had passed from my phone call to this change.

Message 6 of 11
HowDoesThisAllWork
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the graduation. I have had a Discover IT card for some time now. Started the same way you did.....mine graduated on Month 8. And increased from $500 to $1,500. Still sitting at $1,500 though (and have requested CLI for five months via on-line button - denied each time......insufficient time with current credit limit). That is the only "complaint" I could possibly have with the Discover IT Card. Love the cash back and how many different ways you can cash that in (I started applying it to the next bill....then when I started budgeting I started having it transferred to my checking account). Look forward to a CLI sometime in the future (but don't really *need* one). Again, congrats on the graduation.
FICO 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Bankcard 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Mortgage 2/4/5 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

Starting Score: Exp 627
Current Score: Exp 713
Goal Score: Exp 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the graduation and $1.5K CL!!

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 8 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Disco treats people very well if you treat them right.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.