Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HEELLLPPP!!!! 3 days late on my 5/3rd Trio card

tag
Want-a-better-FICO
Valued Member

HEELLLPPP!!!! 3 days late on my 5/3rd Trio card

HELP!!!

I've been working so hard on rebuilding my credit. I opened a 5/3rd TRio card about 6 months ago and never missed a payment and never late. I was really sick the last couple of days and this morning realized my payment is 3 days late. My mayment due date was 11/17. I called immediately and asked to have the late fee removed (they agreed) and set up auto pay while on the phone with them. But that's not my biggest concern. My concern is will this mishap count as a 30 day late on my CR's? All my other CC's are AutoPay  an the reason I haven't had a late payment in ht last 5 years. I just procrastanated on setting this one up.

LESSON LEARNED!!!

Starting Score: 509
Current Score: 687 EQ 712TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
rbentley
Established Contributor

Re: HEELLLPPP!!!! 3 days late on my 5/3rd Trio card

No it will not be reported to the CRB's as a 30 day late.  The only negative consequence you would face for paying 3 days late is the late fee, which you got waived.  You have to go 30 days or more late for it to go on your credit reports.

Great lesson in why autopay is so important.  Thank you for the reminder.

Message 2 of 4
Want-a-better-FICO
Valued Member

@rbentley..... Appreciate you guys help. There's nothing like a FICO Community BAT SIGNAL!!! Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 509
Current Score: 687 EQ 712TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, you did say that autopay was the reason you haven’t missed any payments. I would use this experience as the catalyst to more actively manage your accounts. Keep autopay in place, but make a habit of accessing each one at least weekly, just to be sure everything looks as it should. You can also set a reminder in your phone when a statement cuts, to warn you a few days before the due date for that card, so you can log in and make sure your payment is either made, in process, or otherwise accounted for. Autopay is a great backup but nothing will serve you better than regular, active managements of your accounts.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.