Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP - Disputes are killing my score, need advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP - Disputes are killing my score, need advice

I know ctt will put the failure to pay in the date it was verified. Your factual report will show what the current status is as if that date. If your using CCT you'll see that after a dispute has been verified.
The 100 point loss maybe due to no revolving credit of any kind now.
After my BK 7 I didn't reestablish any credit and my score fell to around 580's. After I obtained some credit it rose rather quickly.
Have you obtained any credit since your BK?
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I use CCT.  So you are saying the actual report will show the failure to pay, in the past as it should be?  Is it just a CCT reporting thing?  I have established few good accounts 2 x cap one unsecured cards, first premier unsecured mastercard, wayfair account, fingerhut, J Crew etc. I have close to 13000 available credit and less than 10% utilization.  I would like to think i have taken all the right steps, with the exception of this dispute stuff.  I guess im going to wait a little to see what happens.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I use CCT.  So you are saying the actual report will show the failure to pay, in the past as it should be?  Is it just a CCT reporting thing?  I have established few good accounts 2 x cap one unsecured cards, first premier unsecured mastercard, wayfair account, fingerhut, J Crew etc. I have close to 13000 available credit and less than 10% utilization.  I would like to think i have taken all the right steps, with the exception of this dispute stuff.  I guess im going to wait a little to see what happens.

Yea CCT does that puts in "failed to pay" on the month it comes back as verified.  I just think it's auto filled but your factual reports from the CRA won't have that there only updated verified information. you probably did more harm than good when doing the disputes. id let it run it coarse and once the dust settles see where your at. I know at one point I had - bunch of lates because it added up all the months from a dispute. Was in the neighbor hood of 39, 90 day lates. But all that it was really scoring was the 1st 90 day late. It just took a little bit to sort it's self out. 

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, im hoping thats the case.  Did you have to tzake any action to get all those lates removed or did they automatically take them off.  Its really disheartening to work on your credit almost daily and to see it drop from 691 to 608.  I think i vaguely remember disputing negs worked for me in the past, just figured its not something encouraged or really spoken about much in public.  Lesson learned, I will see where it is in the end.  Probably not an action a person working on their credit, wants to take.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, im hoping thats the case.  Did you have to tzake any action to get all those lates removed or did they automatically take them off.  Its really disheartening to work on your credit almost daily and to see it drop from 691 to 608.  I think i vaguely remember disputing negs worked for me in the past, just figured its not something encouraged or really spoken about much in public.  Lesson learned, I will see where it is in the end.  Probably not an action a person working on their credit, wants to take.

I sent you a PM. Defiantly not encouraged to dispute negatives that are reporting correctly. Hence why it's no discussed on MyFico and a against there TOS. it can create a very messy situation and more than likely a very messy outcome. 

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

happened to me with the failure to pay.  I have one paid collection left on my CRs to remove   After disputing it, it came up with ftp after the dispute came back and the ca's removed all payment history for that account. So after many disputes after it happened and complaining that it's reporting incorrectly and to remove, yesterday I made a bbb complaint about the coll agency and also contacted the cfpb and made a complaint. So I am hoping these 2 roads lead me to a removal and squeaky clean reports. 

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its just straight up BS, what it is.  Its you being penalized for disputing a neg, which is your right.  I will wait until the disputes are taken care of and if they dont remove these FTPs I will start addressing this issue, with everyone involved.  Scammers

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.