Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Drivetime Consent Order from CFPB

tag
workinprogress12

HELP! Drivetime Consent Order from CFPB

Hi all,
I had a vehicle with Drivetime (voluntary repo) in which the tradeline was deleted from my reports over 2 years ago. Drivetime was fined by the CFPB for inaccurate reporting and a number of other unfair practices. Per page 17, they had 90-120 days to report accurate or permanently leave tradeline off of consumers reports. Tradeline deleted and I have not heard ANYTHING from them in over 2 years. No letters, collections calls, nothing. I just recently received a letter from Persolve Legal Group on behalf of Drivetime(now Bridgecrest). I want to know, 1. Do they have the right to try to collect and put back on my credit after the Consent Order and not submitting correct information within the time frames stated. 2. Should I contact either Drivetime or the collection agency to dispute this per order? I'm in the middle of rebuilding my credit in hope's of getting a mortgage in the next year or so. 3. Will I need to go ahead and make arrangements to pay to keep this from reporting? The last thing I need is for this to magically appear on my reports after 2+ years! Please help!

Here's the link to the article. See page 17.

http://www.consumerfinance.gov/newsroom/cfpb-takes-first-action-against-buy-here-pay-here-auto-deale...
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: HELP! Drivetime Consent Order from CFPB

As stated in the Consent Order between the CFPB and DriveTime, compliance with the terms of the Order is under the administration of:

Office of Enforcement

Assistant Director for Enforcement

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

The order directs compliance issues be sent via email to: 

Enforcement_Compliance@cfpb.gov

or by mail to:

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

ATTENTION: Office of Enforcement

1700 G Street, N.W.

Washington D.C. 20552

Message 2 of 4
workinprogress12

Thank you for your reply.

I will contact them. Is it also necessary to contact the collection agency? If the original creditor deleted this from my reports, can the collection agency add it back?
Message 3 of 4
Medic981
Valued Contributor

As 

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.