Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Fastest and Best Way to Remove Inaccurate Derogatory Credit Notices

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP! Fastest and Best Way to Remove Inaccurate Derogatory Credit Notices

What is your recommendation to get these items removed as quickly as possible? 

Mortgage Company Melt-Down

I recently applied for HELOC and was turned down due to poor credit.  My FICO score has always been between 750-810.  I found out I have recent reporting of 30-day late notice from a mortgage company who recently took-over my land mortgage.  I have auto-pay through my bank and have never missed a payment.  However, my loan is an ARM and there was a $30 variance in payment on the loan anniversary date, which I called and paid the difference directly after. I was assured the issue was taken care of. Again, 30 days later another late notice came in the mail.  I called the mortgage company and it was "taken care of".  The next month, I received another late notice.  This time I called and spoke to a supervisor, who explained that my account, according to their system was 90 days late.  They explained that due to "short payment and late fees and misapplied payments and payments held in suspense, my account was showing I had not made payment in over 90 days, but in fact, they could see it was a banking error on their part.  They also agreed to remove any derogatory credit reporting, which they didn't.   

Medical Bill For Service I Never Received or Signed For

My recent credit report also shows unpaid collections for $495 to a cosmetic surgeon, I never went to or signed for services. 

I appreciate your help!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HELP! Fastest and Best Way to Remove Inaccurate Derogatory Credit Notices

@Anonymouswrote:

What is your recommendation to get these items removed as quickly as possible? 

Mortgage Company Melt-Down

I recently applied for HELOC and was turned down due to poor credit.  My FICO score has always been between 750-810.  I found out I have recent reporting of 30-day late notice from a mortgage company who recently took-over my land mortgage.  I have auto-pay through my bank and have never missed a payment.  However, my loan is an ARM and there was a $30 variance in payment on the loan anniversary date, which I called and paid the difference directly after. I was assured the issue was taken care of. Again, 30 days later another late notice came in the mail.  I called the mortgage company and it was "taken care of".  The next month, I received another late notice.  This time I called and spoke to a supervisor, who explained that my account, according to their system was 90 days late.  They explained that due to "short payment and late fees and misapplied payments and payments held in suspense, my account was showing I had not made payment in over 90 days, but in fact, they could see it was a banking error on their part.  They also agreed to remove any derogatory credit reporting, which they didn't.   For this one file a CFPB complaint and give them all the pertinent info including their agreement to take care of it

Medical Bill For Service I Never Received or Signed For

My recent credit report also shows unpaid collections for $495 to a cosmetic surgeon, I never went to or signed for services.  If this is not yours use the ID Theft provisions afforded you under the FCRA. Welcome to the board.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Victim-of-Identity-Theft-What-To-Do-to-Protect-Yourself/td-p/2059499

I appreciate your help!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.