Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!! How to get collection accounts removed

tag
CreditRepairGirl23
New Contributor

HELP!! How to get collection accounts removed

Only 3 collection accounts listed on my most recent score power report I pulled yesterday. (yes "only" I had quite a few to clean up over the past year)

These 3 are truly mistakes because my doctor's office never should have sent them to collections - the bills were supposed to be sent to my employer.

When I called the collection agency back in Nov and explained , Also told them the docs office would validate what I was saying , they said no problem..sent me a letter for each of the 3 accounts stating the balance was zero and they would submit to the credit agencies to have it removed from my report.

That was back in Nov - I understand these things take time..what do I do?

wait patiently? which I suck at by the way Smiley Wink

file a dispute?

any feedback appreciated - these are the last three negative accounts on my report ..Im just so excited for them to come off!!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HELP!! How to get collection accounts removed

I'd give them 30 days from the date of their letter. If 30 days have passed, then I would mail a GW to the CA with a copy of those letters and kindly ask for deletion.

Message 2 of 9
mahiven
Regular Contributor

So you have letters regarding all three accounts stating that they're zero balance and should be removed from your credit report?

I would either contact the CA and talk to them about it or send those letters to the three bureaus. Wait and see what other people suggest..

03/19/2011 EQ: 627 EX: 602 TU 590 (lender pull) 07/16/2011 EQ: 646 EX: 629 TU 647 Fell off the wagon in 2012. Starting over in 2013.Current Score: 01/07/2013 EQ: 646 EX: ??? TU 608 Goal Score: 700 club

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 9
CreditRepairGirl23
New Contributor

Yes, The accounts were paid - first notice I ever got from them I immediatley made payment..

when I called in Nov they told me over the phone theyd take care of notifying the buera's , I asked for it in print as well.. which they sent

letters dated from 11/19/12 from CA says

"Please be advised the above referenced account has been paid in full If you have any questions please contact our office at...

CA Name will notify the credit bureaus to have this account removed from your credit history"

Message 4 of 9
mahiven
Regular Contributor

Ok, then do like llecs said. You can send them a good will letter explaining the situation with a copy of their original letter. The 30-day wait period has already passed, so that is what I would do.

03/19/2011 EQ: 627 EX: 602 TU 590 (lender pull) 07/16/2011 EQ: 646 EX: 629 TU 647 Fell off the wagon in 2012. Starting over in 2013.Current Score: 01/07/2013 EQ: 646 EX: ??? TU 608 Goal Score: 700 club

Message 5 of 9
CreditRepairGirl23
New Contributor

Would it be beneficial to contact the credit agencies directly with the copies of the letter?

Message 6 of 9
jandj80
Regular Contributor

Yes, I would send those letters in with a letter stating that these bills were supposed to be paid by your employer, and that the CA requested deletion of the counts since they were reported in error. 

Starting Score: EQ 416 TU 498 EX 468 Lender Fico's July 2012
Current Score: EQ 674 TU 679 Ex 686 EX
Goal Score: For now: 640s

Message 7 of 9
mahiven
Regular Contributor

I would wait to see what another poster thinks.

My instinct would tell me to just call them and tell them I have this letter (I would probably offer to fax or email it to them) and see what they would do... but other people might tell you that you want EVERYTHING in writing.

Message 8 of 9
CreditRepairGirl23
New Contributor

Update :

I sent the collection agency an email yesterday - they never responded..

I called Equifax and explained the situation to the agent - they were real bills but supposed to be sent to my employer - once the CA confirmed that they sent me a letter they would submit them for removal ...and they advised me to file a dispute which I did over the phone took maybe 5 mins

Experian I filed the disputes online - took about 5 mins

Transunion they arent reporting on - took almost 20 minutes on the phone with a bozo to figure this out

The Equifax agent advised me this would be a faster way to have them removed..

I will update when I hear back..

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.