Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP I need to Delete a tradeline

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP I need to Delete a tradeline

Hey-- so I have a negative tradeline that's not charged off yet but closed with about 11 lates.... anyone have any ideas how to remove a teadeline?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Rudy1
Established Contributor

Re: HELP I need to Delete a tradeline

Can I have some specifics here. What's the type of account? A credit card, auto loan, student loan, home loan? Is their a balance on it? Who's the lender? If it's a credit card and your that behind you may be able to work out some sort of Pay for delete situation but I need more specifics to help you.

>
Goal Cards:
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey-- so the card is a Macy's Department Store has about 10 lates , small balance -- I hired a very good credit repair guy (who usually works wonders) but they just don't want to remove it no matter what! I can't wait out the 7 years I need it gone .

any ideas?

Message 3 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Closed but not CO'ed yet? Did you miss those payments in a row and it lead to the closure? No one removes the entire line. You can send GW letters for the lates and that isnt easy to do on its own.

Edit: Credit repairs wont work either. They just dispute over and over and kill your score more. Watse of money. Save it for stamps for your GW Letters. Good Luck!

Message 4 of 10
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey-- so the card is a Macy's Department Store has about 10 lates , small balance -- I hired a very good credit repair guy (who usually works wonders) but they just don't want to remove it no matter what! I can't wait out the 7 years I need it gone .

any ideas?

Unfortunately there's no way to get it deleted. Best you can do as @FireMedic1 said is try asking for GW removal of lates, although 10 lates being deleted is asking for a lot.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you share GW letter?

I don't even need it all to be removed , even atleast the most current one.

I also have a current Ford financial late any thoughts on that?

thanks ! 

Message 6 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Here ya go:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-... 

Auto loans hardly ever come up with GW success. Just got to put money away when you get paid to cover at least 1 month of bills in case a late is going to occur. Welcome to the forums!

Message 7 of 10
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Can you share GW letter?

I don't even need it all to be removed , even atleast the most current one.

I also have a current Ford financial late any thoughts on that?

thanks ! 

To be honest, getting one out of 11 lates removed wouldn't make much, if any, of a difference. And as for your current Ford late, same thing: GW request, which isn't guaranteed to work, but really all you can do.

Not to pry, but may I ask why the lates? Are you in financial distress? Also, why do you need these TLs removed so badly?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, going through a financial hardship. Working on a refinance I have all my ducks in a row except for my credit! Need to bring it up . Any suggestions?

Message 9 of 10
jrwa81
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

any ideas?

Unfortunately, a "credit repair guy" is not going to help you.  They can't do anything that you can't do on your own.  Literally all they do are submit disputes on your behalf.  That's it.  It's a complete waste of time and money and it's actually kind of a scam.  They don't have a magic wand to make negative marks disappear from your credit reports.  As others have said, there is no way to delete an entire tradeline.  If the late payments are valid (which it sounds like they are), chances are slim to none that you will be able to get them removed.   All that you can do is try sending a GW letter to the creditor and plead your case, but there are no guarantees that they will remove any of them.  Since you have so many late payments, they will probably be very reluctant to delete them.  They MAY be willing to delete a couple of them, but definitely not all of them, which really won't help you too much.  GW letters typically only work if you only have one or two lates.  Best of luck.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.