Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP !!!! IM ALL OUT OF OPTIONS SOMEONE PLEASE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP !!!! IM ALL OUT OF OPTIONS SOMEONE PLEASE

I have two small claims suit filled against me when I was incarcerated, just got a letter from equifax stating my identity was probably stolen so have fraud alert on report. I have a law firm working on my reportd but seems like nothin change so please someone HELP!!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HELP !!!! IM ALL OUT OF OPTIONS SOMEONE PLEASE

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

For the judgments, some had success in getting them removed by paying them and working with the plaintiff's attorney in asking the court to have them vacated, which can result in a removal.

Pull all 3 reports. Look to see if the ID theft issue is true.

IMO, do the work yourself. Don't hire folks to do it for you.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: HELP !!!! IM ALL OUT OF OPTIONS SOMEONE PLEASE

Do you concur that the information that is the subject of either credit reporting or basis for civil action is not yours and thus due to possible fraud/identity theft?

If so, you are certainly not out of options.  All that is required is that you file a police making a sworn assertion that the information is not something that was authorized by you.  You send the police report to the CRA, which requires them to immediately block that information from your credit report.  FCRA 605B.

You additionally send a copy of that police report to whoever is the asserted creditor, and compel them under FCRA 609(e) to provide you all business records pertaining to the opening of or use of that account.  A mini-legal discovery right outside of court.  That would serve you well if there is any pending legal action.

I suggest you consider, if willing/able to put assertions of possible fraud/identity theft into a sworn police report, to initiate the substantial rights you have under the FCRA identity theft provisions.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.