Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! PFD email from PRA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP! PFD email from PRA

I have included a pay for delete email received from PRA after two emails and a letter, but i dont know if this is legally binding. My contact finally conceded and this is the reply.

It’s been a long day and week. .  I’ll give in.   Consider this email as written agreement that I will request that the trade line reported by Portfolio Recovery Associates regarding the subject account  be deleted if the subject account is paid in full.  Updates are normally processed approximately 21 days after the final payment posts to the account ( to allow adequate bank processing time). This can be expedited if payment is made via “good” funds, i.e.   certified or cashiers check,  money gram or western union .

Is this good or do I need to be concerned

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP! PFD email from PRA

Did it come from a PRA email address? Does it have the name of a person on it and their position at PRA?

If so then I would say you are good with going ahead and paying to get the delete.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

The PFD letter attached to email and sent certified mail return receipt.

I have been making payments on account number . At a rate of xxx.xx for the past 6 months and will be doing so for the next 12 as per our earlier agreement  In the spirit of compromise, I am willing to pay this account IN FULL today (if you agree to immediate deletion of this account from any and all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion). The purpose of this settlement is merely to have this item removed from my credit files. It is not to be construed as an acknowledgment of liability for this debt in any form. If you agree to the terms and accept this agreement, certified funds for the settlement amount of two-thousand three hundred fifty dollars and twenty-nine cents, (2350.29) as of July 6, 2009, will be authorized to be drafted immediately in exchange for full deletion of ALL references regarding this account from my credit files and full satisfaction of the debt.  Collection Agency agrees to delete ALL information regarding this account from the credit reporting agencies WITHIN TEN CALENDAR (10) DAYS following receipt of payment as specified above and will not discuss the terms of this settlement with anyone, excluding your client on this account. If contacted by any third party, including credit-reporting agencies, Collection Agency will not acknowledge that any settlement offer was made, accepted or executed and will, in fact, deny knowledge of any such account. If you agree to the above terms, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead explicitly agreeing to the same terms as the above settlement offer and have it signed by an authorized representative of Collection Agency. It will be implied that this letter shall constitute a legally binding contract, enforceable under the laws of my state.  Please address all correspondence regarding this account to:

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes PRA email address and name and executive title. I am concerned about the word "request".

Message 4 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I do not see any thing wrong with it.      Request - "To ask a person to do something."
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

guiness56 - I understand the meaning of "request" but as your definition clearly states ask - sometimes when you ask the answer is no. That is my concern if they have my money PIF wouldnt I lose all my leverage. Or do I trust them and get the funds out ASAP and hope they honor the agreement?

This tradeline removal would go a long way to getting approved for a VA loan by November.

Thanks

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I interpreted the "request" as request the CRA... obviously they can't *personally* delete the TL from the CRA, but they can certainly request that it be deleted, and that will be done.  I would say go ahead and PIF... you've got a pretty solid email to back up that it should be deleted.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your advice, as I have a pre-authorized payment coming out 8/3, I will confirm new balance and send payment certified funds and certified mail.

Thank you all again I will inform you of the final determination as soon as I know.

All the advice givers here deserve a medal.

Message 8 of 14
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

One question.  In this part of the email... "regarding the subject account  be deleted if the subject account is paid in full"  

In the "subject account" area, did they have YOUR acct info & you took that out for this post...or did they refer to it as the "subject acct"??

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

His reply email stated subject account. It was a direct reply to my email correspondance with him. see below:

my name my email

dateFri, Jul 31, 2009 at 6:54 PM
subjectRE: my name- Capital One xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mailed-byportfoliorecovery.com

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.