Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP PLEASE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP PLEASE

I have a collection account with Calvary schedule to fall off 10/19... I need it removed sooner to move forward with a lower interest rate for a mortgage. The original creditor was Capital One and last activity was 2014/2015. HELP???
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
DR527
Regular Contributor

Re: HELP PLEASE

Why no just refinance later?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought about that too...just not sure if I can get all my closing cost paid at the higher rate.
Message 3 of 9
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I thought about that too...just not sure if I can get all my closing cost paid at the higher rate.

I would ask for a goodwill since it will fall off this year and it may be easier to get.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you...would you send GW letter to Calvary since the charge off account from capital one is not listed?
Message 5 of 9
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you...would you send GW letter to Calvary since the charge off account from capital one is not listed?

Yes send it to whoever is listed.

Goals:

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay...do you think I will run the risk of them inserting it again and/or starting it over again? Not sure if im saying it right?
Message 7 of 9
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Okay...do you think I will run the risk of them inserting it again and/or starting it over again? Not sure if im saying it right?

The DOFD never changes so neither will the fall off date. A goodwill letter is just asking them to remove it early other than that Early Exclusion would be TransUnion 6 months before and the other may be 3 months before and for that you need to call the Credit bureaus and speak to a supervisor.

Goals:

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Early exclusion timeframes:

TransUnion 6 months
Experian 3 months
Equifax 1 month
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.