cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP - Pay to delete letter to First Federal Credit Control, Inc...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP - Pay to delete letter to First Federal Credit Control, Inc...

So I recently go an alert that a new collection account has been added to my credit report. So I called and got the info, did some research and decided to send the collection agency a pay to delete request. But instead I got a letter back with the copy of my letter, a letter from the collection agency that reads “enclosed is the information you requested” along what appears to be the original bill.

It did not send a letter back stating that if I pay the bill in full, it will be deleted.

So I called the person listed on the letter from the collection agency and said, well this is not what I requested. She says things have changed and because I disputed the collection with my letter that I have to pay the bill first, they delete it on their end but that’s no guarantee that it will be deleted from the three major credit bureaus. They will send me a letter of deletion, and I send the letter to the three credit bureaus because that’s how the process works now. The deletion request has to come from the consumer.

Has anyone been through the process like this? Does it works?

I’m fearfull that I pay it, the line get’s disconnected and I don’t have noting in writing to support our arrangement.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated!

Below is the letter is the letter that they sent back to me and the one that I sent to them.

******************************************************************************20190409_160837.jpg

March 27, 2019

First Federal Credit Control

24700 Chagrin Blvd., Suite 205

Cleveland, Ohio, 44122-5662

Re: XXXXX

To Whom It May Concern:

I recently received an alert on my credit report noting that a new collection account has been placed on my account with all three major Credit Bureaus. I wish to save us both some time and effort by settling this debt. I have not received any verification of this debt just an alert from Credit Monitoring Service, so this is not a payment agreement unless you provide a response as detailed below.

I am willing to pay the amount noted of $357.00 in return for your agreement to remove all information regarding this debt from the credit reporting agencies within two weeks of payment. If you agree to the terms, I will send certified payment in the amount of $357.00 payable to First Federal Credit Control in exchange to have all information related to this debt removed from all of my credit files.

If you accept this offer, you also agree not to discuss the offer with any third-party, excluding the original creditor. If you accept the offer, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead agreeing to the terms. This letter should be signed by an authorized agent of First Federal Credit Control. The letter will be treated as a contract and subject to the laws of my state.

Please forward your agreement to the address listed above.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXX

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HELP - Pay to delete letter to First Federal Credit Control, Inc...

Sounds like they want to have their ability to report revoked by the CRAs, actually deletion of the collection per CRA manuals isnt what the CRAs want they want it updated to paid. Personally this sounds like the run around but if they are willing to send you a letter stating they are going to delete it then go for it.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.