Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP WITH HIPPA PLEASE

tag
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Re: HELP WITH HIPPA PLEASE

I have one problem,the OC is Florida Hospital but I can't find the HIPPA complaince office address anywhere. Can I just send it to the main hospital address?

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is sending a check a preferred method of payment as opposed to a money order? I would like to avoid the hassle of going to my bank and purchasing one if I could.
Message 12 of 17
cw81
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Is sending a check a preferred method of payment as opposed to a money order? I would like to avoid the hassle of going to my bank and purchasing one if I could.

Use a bank money order it is important that your follow the process the reason being as follows

Postal money orders are hard to track to see if they have been deposited.
Personal checks, even if certified are NOT the "same as cash" for legal purposes as they can have a stop payment put on them and they are not "legal tender" until they are deposited and cleared.
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks CW81.  I guess I'm a little confused because I have read on another site to use a money order for the reason that you had mentioned.  But, after reading recent HIPPAA related threads here, they specify using a personal check. 
Message 14 of 17
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

I just paid the OC on a medical coll. last week with a personal check and that sucker cleared the bank within 3 days.  i have one more to pay to the same OC and then they get the HIPPA letter.

Message 15 of 17
cw81
Frequent Contributor

Use the bank money order and make sure you use the restrictive endorsement so only the OC can deposit it. You can track it and also cya in the event of legal proceedings

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's good to hear SouthernFicoAddict.  Looks like your on your way to a few deletions.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.