Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP with response to BBB for a LVNV dispute UPDATE

tag
Nella
Valued Member

HELP with response to BBB for a LVNV dispute UPDATE

Can someone pls give me an example of a letter that was sent to respond to a dispute with BBB regrding

LVNV please...they are reporting supposed debt as a revolving debt...please help, especially those that

have had success with a LVNV removal.

Thanks!!

Starting Score: 550's
Score: Equifax 626 TU 613 Experian 671
Lender pull 01/22/2013 Eq 641 TU 636 Exp 670
Goal Score: 720
Closed Escrow on 03/05/2013!!!
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP with response to BBB for a LVNV dispute

I just complained to the FTC and BBB about LVNV, basically told them that these clowns did not send me a dunning letter on 2 accounts that they are trying to collect, also have been sending DV letters from October of 2011 to no no avail. Hope some of this helps.

Message 2 of 6
ecrad17
New Contributor

So if they delete their reporting what happens to the debt? Do they forward it to another CA or back to the OC?

Message 3 of 6
hdrider07
Regular Contributor

I think part of that depends on who the debt was originally with.

Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The type of debt, be it revolving, installment, or open, originated with the OC.  The debt collector only reports its origin. Easily correctible if origin was inaccurately reported.

Your debt may shift owership, but the type of credit under which it originated is based solely on the OC account.  YOu dont establish revolving debt with a debt collector. They only report its type at origin.

Deletion from a consumer's credit report, for whatever reason, never negates a debt.  Debt lives forever until paid.

Anyone who has purchased the debt can report as a debt collector, collecting their own debt.

Any party assigned collection assistance authority by the owner can also report a collection as a debt collector.

They can report forever.  Once any collection has passed 7 years plus 180 days from the DOFD on the OC account, then it is the responsibility of the CRA to screen any reporting, and exclude it from any credit report they issue.

What is the complaint filed with the BBB?

Message 5 of 6
Nella
Valued Member

Just received a response from the BBB and LVNV will be removing both tradelines.  Hopefully this will provide a

nice jump in my score.  So excited!! Thanks to all for your help.

Starting Score: 550's
Score: Equifax 626 TU 613 Experian 671
Lender pull 01/22/2013 Eq 641 TU 636 Exp 670
Goal Score: 720
Closed Escrow on 03/05/2013!!!
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.