Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIPAA Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HIPAA Question

Disclaimer: I am brand new to the forum as a poster, though I've read countless topics on my credit repair journey, so if I'm doing this wrong I apologize.

My brief backstory is that while in college I was injured playing Rugby and required surgery and physical therapy treatments. This was also around the same time my parents were getting divorced and somehow my medical bills wound up in the middle of it. Without my knowledge my parents both refused to pay the medical bills. I came to realize this when I graduated college and went to purchase my first car only to find five separate bills were listed on my reports as in collections. I have tried disputing them with varied success, 4 removed from TU/3 removed from EX, 0 removed from EQ.

My question is this, I would like to use the HIPAA process in an attempt to get the rest of the collections off my report but I am not sure if the previous disputes I filed will affect the process? Or if there is a certain time frame I would have to wait after my previous dispute to begin the HIPAA process?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: HIPAA Question

We aren't allowed to discuss the details of the HIPAA method here. Hopefully someone who knows how it works will PM you.
Message 2 of 6
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

PM sent

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay thanks for the response rmduhon. I knew that it wasn't allowed to discuss the step by step process on here, and I've made myself pretty familiar with it from some google searches. Just couldn't find answers to those specific questions. Any PM's with an answer would be a huge help!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks AllCredit!
Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Please contact the creator of the HIPPA process for further help on the subject as it cannot be discussed here on myFico even in PMs. This thread will now be closed to further comments. Welcome to the board OP Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.