Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIPPA process WORKS!!

tag
superdad
Regular Contributor

HIPPA process WORKS!!

So I had 9 paid medical collections on my CR, so i sent a HIPPA letter to all 3 CRA. Transunion removed 7 of the 9 but my score never changed. Why didn't my score change?  Still waiting to hear from the other 2 CRA.

This alert was from transunion but SW has not sent me an alert yet. Why is that?

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: HIPPA process WORKS!!

How old are the collections? it can take a few days to reflect the changes and to receive a score change.

Message 2 of 26
superdad
Regular Contributor

5 of them were 2008 2009 and the others were 2010

Message 3 of 26
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Give it a few days maybe a week. 

Message 4 of 26
specialksauce
Contributor

Which hippa letter did you use?

My bf has 3 medical collections that we paid to the OC directly. They wouldnt pull back accts from CA. Need to find a way to get these deleted. Recent collections, opened 2/1/13. Paid OC 6/12/13.
Message 5 of 26
PeacefulP
Regular Contributor

Good to hear!! I've been contemplating using the Hippa process for a paid medical collection but hadn't heard of any recent success. Thanks for sharing!
Starting Score: TU 634 EQ 614 EX 648 5/20/13
Current Score: TU 631 EQ 643 EX 641 8/7/13 (All Lender Pulled)
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 6 of 26
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Transunion is very lazy to the OP i had a valid medical ccollection and they deleted it but the same one they deleted is still on the other two and came back as valid... Trans is very something idk what to call it but i dont think it will be that easy with the other two best of luck though.
CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 7 of 26
superdad
Regular Contributor

I used the medical dispute letter.  I dont think i am allowed to post the letter but if you PM me I will send you a link to the letter and the process.

Message 8 of 26
fmouto
Established Member

Please send me the hippa info

Starting Score: 526
Current Score: 526
Goal Score: 640

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 26
creditscoreEE
Frequent Contributor

May I get the HIPPA info too please?
Samsung mobile
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.