Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIPPA process

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HIPPA process

I’m new to the forum and have several outstanding medical debts that have been sent to collection. I am interested in using the HIPPA process to pay the original creditor and have to accounts deleted from my credit report. From my understanding I first have to notify the medical provider that I am opting out of sharing information with credit reporting agencies and all other creditors. Apparently this first step has to be done via certified mail. Is that a letter that is already being used for this portion?

From what I have read after I send the letter to the provider I then pay the medical provider in full. After making payment I send letter to the credit reporting agency asking them to verify the debt. Since it is paid in full, the debt should be removed since there is nothing to report. Is this correct? Has anyone had any success with this process?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HIPPA process

You need to google hipaa collection process and contact the creator on the other board. You will need to follow the direction to the T. Don't do anything till you've contacted them.
Message 2 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to myFico OP.

Unfortunately we cannot discuss the HIPAA Process on this board all we can do is refer you to the creator of the process for help.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some advice:

If Why Chat's site confuses you at all, try googling the specific things he references. There are a lot fo blog posts that are a bit more readable to help understand what each step is for and the legal basis. Just make sure to follow his steps exactly as laid out.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I’m new to the forum and have several outstanding medical debts that have been sent to collection. I am interested in using the HIPPA process to pay the original creditor and have to accounts deleted from my credit report. From my understanding I first have to notify the medical provider that I am opting out of sharing information with credit reporting agencies and all other creditors. Apparently this first step has to be done via certified mail. Is that a letter that is already being used for this portion?

From what I have read after I send the letter to the provider I then pay the medical provider in full. After making payment I send letter to the credit reporting agency asking them to verify the debt. Since it is paid in full, the debt should be removed since there is nothing to report. Is this correct? Has anyone had any success with this process?

If you have any questions PM me.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I ask why it cant be talked about here?  Is it a bad thing to use?

Message 6 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Can I ask why it cant be talked about here?  Is it a bad thing to use?

The creator of the process has sent myFico a cease and desist discussion of the process thats the reason it cant be done and all we can do is suggest you Google it and contact its creator.

Message 7 of 9
adamseve
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you have any questions PM me.

tel12, I have questions about the process as well.  Can I also PM you?

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got ya!  Thanks.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.