cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET APPROVED FOR NFCU CC??

tag
tanichola

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET APPROVED FOR NFCU CC??

I joined NFCU after reading this forum. I'm in the process of rebuilding my credit. I have some unpaid medical collections that I'm currently waiting to hear back from some PFD that I've sent out. Myfico score, according to this site, is mid 600's, except eqifax if 590. I've been declined in past for CC and denial letters show Equifax as 645. Not sure what my scores truly are after seeing the denial score of 645.

I applied for NFCU credit card. I am disappointed because I didn't get instant approval like so many on this forum say. The message said that it takes them 3-5 business days to make a decision. 

Have any of you experienced this? If so, were you denied or did you get approved?

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET APPROVED FOR NFCU CC??

Got same message. Approved within a few hours.
Message 2 of 26
baller4life
Super Contributor

I got approved for $3k with Equifax 598. You'll be fine.
Message 3 of 26
tanichola

baller4life,

I hope you're right. It's the weekend. I don't know if this will approve over a weekend because I'm not sure of their approval process. How will I know if I get approved or not?

Message 4 of 26
starry1
Valued Contributor

I got the same message and was approved. The cc underwriters don't seem to work weekends, so hang tight until Monday.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 5 of 26
baller4life
Super Contributor

You will get a text or email that the status of the app has changed
Message 6 of 26
ChistineNJ
Frequent Contributor

I applied with a eq 586 i belive on a fri or sat night, i received the 3-5day msg as well, sat/sunni received a email containing a status link to click regarding the status. by monday am before 9am i received a txt that i had been approved.
C1 Venture 15K| NFCU NAV CHECK 15K| CASH REWARDS 5K| CARE CREDIT 3K| NORDSTROMS 1K| LORD & TAYLOR 1100| WALMART 600| TargetRed 500|Rebuilders

CAP1 1650| CAP 1 1100| BARCLAYS 2500| NREWARDS 8500|
SCT: VS 1100| EXPRESS 1100| JCREW 250| *HIDDEN TL BML 650

SCORES 709, 657, 623
Pre BK scores: 569, 587, 553
Message 7 of 26
tanichola

They pulled TU for now. I only know that because my credit monitoring sent me an alert. That was middle of today, Saturday
Message 8 of 26
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

What is the least credit score that will get approval? I've been trying to join NFCU! My dad was discharged from the army, but isn't a member will this qualify me?
Message 9 of 26
tanichola

anca21bi,

There are several ways to join NFCU. If you want to use your father's military experience, your father would have to be a member first. Then, you can join as a family member. It also depends on how long he has been out of the service. As far as least credit score, I am not sure. There are several posts on here that list their scores when they got approved, some of them as low as 580 with collections and charge offs. Search the forum and you will be able to find more info on this. I am still waiting to hear back from them. Supposedly, they don't tend to work on the weekends and I applied late Friday afternoon.

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.