cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET APPROVED FOR NFCU CC??

tag
starry1
Valued Contributor

Re: HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET APPROVED FOR NFCU CC??

@anca21bi wrote:
What is the least credit score that will get approval? I've been trying to join NFCU! My dad was discharged from the army, but isn't a member will this qualify me?
He has to have retired from the service, not just be discharged.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 11 of 26
mishee
New Visitor

I got a instant approval with fingerhut online. And my credit score is lower than yours. But you should call them. I don't use my fingerhut card much just to rebuild my credit. My approval was in August 2013 for $150 and after paying back half of what i owe, they have me a 600 increase.

Message 12 of 26
tanichola

starry1,

I guess it depends on which customer rep you speak to about membership. I was told that they could be discharged and join NFCU after discharge as long as it was in a certain time frame. So, maybe it varies? There are many ways to join, from my understanding, when I called them to inquire.....

Message 13 of 26
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@tanichola wrote:

I joined NFCU after reading this forum. I'm in the process of rebuilding my credit. I have some unpaid medical collections that I'm currently waiting to hear back from some PFD that I've sent out. Myfico score, according to this site, is mid 600's, except eqifax if 590. I've been declined in past for CC and denial letters show Equifax as 645. Not sure what my scores truly are after seeing the denial score of 645.

I applied for NFCU credit card. I am disappointed because I didn't get instant approval like so many on this forum say. The message said that it takes them 3-5 business days to make a decision. 

Have any of you experienced this? If so, were you denied or did you get approved?

I joined on 11/7, applied for cashRewards 11/8 via phone received instant approval, then applied for Flagship 11/9 (saturday) got the 3-5 day message and got decline message 11/10...I asked for reconsideration via secure message and was denied within minutes. My EQ score was 628 on the denial letter (received 11/13). On the denial letter is stated I had excessive credit already...LOL    BTW, they did 4 HPs 2 EQ and 2 TU. I heard they were HP happy...

So, I honestly think you are going to be approved. If not, you could recon their decision...

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 26
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the info, I'm going to give them a call tomorrow!
Message 15 of 26
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

FYI, I still haven't received the CC in the mail yet....I was so excited, I have been checking my mail everyday....nothing. I am going to wait until next week to check my mail and it should be there...LOL

Message 16 of 26
missKG

Hi im new to the forums!! I applied fir 11/15 at my local NFCU And was instantly approved for cash rewards with cl 4000.00 I logged onto my account yesterday (SAT) And the rewards card is showing up as a new account but it doesn't show a balance...is this normal??? And how long will it take for the card to arrive?

Discover It $200, Cap.One Quicksilver $300, Cap.One Platinum $500
Message 17 of 26
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@missKG wrote:

Hi im new to the forums!! I applied fir 11/15 at my local NFCU And was instantly approved for cash rewards with cl 4000.00 I logged onto my account yesterday (SAT) And the rewards card is showing up as a new account but it doesn't show a balance...is this normal??? And how long will it take for the card to arrive?

LMAO!!! I thought I was the only one that impatiently waiting....I think mine did the same thing the first few days...you can't click on it to show a balance or available credit. I think you should be able to click it in a day or two. I will post on this thread when my cc arrives.....I haven't received the ATM or Visa check cards yet either, so I figure they will take a bit longer than the paperwork. I got most of the paperwork about 5 days after approval. 

BTW, I received a denial letter for the Flagship Visa and a credit pamphlet with the last 4 digits of my cashRewards card (two separate envelopes)...that seemed strange. But, we will see. 

Message 18 of 26
baller4life
Super Contributor

Card arrives in 7 to 10 "normal mail days. Received mine in 9
Message 19 of 26
tanichola

I just received notification of my approval status for CC. I had applied for both the cash rewards visa and another (I can't remember which one). I was approved for both of them with a CL of $1500 each one. I am happy that I've been approved but am thinking that I will ask them for recon on limits per secured messaging. My income is definitly there to support a much larger limit. 

Do any of you know if they do another hard pull when you ask for a recon for limit?

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.