Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOw to buy a house in the next year

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HOw to buy a house in the next year

I am a 30 year old divorced mom of 3. I just graduated with a Associates degree and work full time at a non profit for 9.50 an hour and get 77 a week in child support my scores are TU 566 Ex 505 equ 569 I have the following : student loans in deferrment 2 credit cards with a total of 600 dollar credit limit.. a chapter 13 discharged in 2002 1000 in back cable bills a 400 tmobile bill i have disputed i have never had service with them several smaller medical bills from my daughter when i didnt have insurance they have gone to collections I repoed car that I pay 30$ a month on that my exhusband was ordered to pay in the decree and did not All judegments have been paid off am on the section 8 home purchase program so when I am credit ready to buy i will be able to purchase 90000 house and section 8 will pay partial payments until i can make payments on my own....other option to get a FHA loan not through the housing authority I have charged cards up and paid off several times what else can I do to get a score boost
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HOw to buy a house in the next year

Hi and Welcome! Please read the credit scoring 101 thread in my sig line.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HOw to buy a house in the next year

Hi  amoore, welcome to the forums. please read this link. It is for newbies and has the abbrevs that we use & the freq.requested thread which is full of info.

When you post again please break up your post as this is hard to read & many people will by past it.

Understanding credit 101

Before trying to repair your credit know your SOL

This might avoid a lawsuit.

On your CC    never be late with payments & keep the UTIL below 9% for best scores.

chapter 13 discharged in 2002

I believe that this will drop from your CR in 2009

1000 in back cable bills

Who is reporting  the OC or a CA?  what is the DOFD/DOLA?

400 tmobile bill i have disputed i have never had service with them

Again who is reporting?    If it is the OC and you disputed & it came back *verified* by the CRAs......then you would send the OC the   OC letter    CMRRR
                If it is a CA reporting  send the CA a  DV letter  CMRRR

medical bills ........first dispute with this letter    CMRRR  ( medical debts are handled different from other debts.....do NOT use this letter for other debts) !!!

Never contact a CA on medical debt!!   If the CRAs do not delete with this letter.....then there is another letter that you will send to the OC with payment.   Any contact with a CA may cause you to lose any protection under HIPPA

Dear CRA,
My name is xxxxx xxxxxx , my SS # is xxx xx xxxx.
I am sending this dispute certified mail # xxxx to make sure you receive it.
I have no knowledge or records of account # xxxxx reported by xxxxxxx
Please advise me as to the name and address of the medical provider, the date and type of service,and to whom the service was provided, as any account I might have had would be obsolete.
If you can obtain this information, I also would need the name of the person providing this data, and the manner in which it was provided in order that I may pursue additional legal remedies.

If you can not obtain The information from the original creditor (required by law)  within the required time frame (30 days)   Please delete this account from my CR.\

Please mail me an updated report when this dispute is completed.

Very truly yours,
xxxxxx
ADDY

repoed car that I pay 30$ a month on that my exhusband was ordered to pay in the decree and did not

This is a legal matter & you might want to ask a lawyer about. You might be able to go after him for payments. I am not an attorney & can not help with this!

All judegments          Judgments drop from your CR 7 years from date filed.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-20-2008 12:02 PM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-20-2008 12:05 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.