Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP for Wells Fargo Secured Credit Card?

tag
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

HP for Wells Fargo Secured Credit Card?

I am in the process of an extreme credit make-over (monster pay down plan) with home purchase as my final goal. M&T approved a small mortgage loan with horrible terms (good until end of March), but I would like to get in with Wells Fargo as I already have a relationship with them. I was thinking about adding a better savings account or a secured credit card. What do you all think?  

Does Wells HP all three for a secured card??

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HP for Wells Fargo Secured Credit Card?

They pull 1 and yes 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

WF secured did a HP on EXP for me. I was denied although I have my checking account through them. 

Message 3 of 5
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Thank you for your input. OMG! I can't believe they denied you...Nevermind, I won't even try it. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't let that discourage you! My credit was probably in the 400's at the time. With your scores it could be a totally different ball game. I would try doing a few pre qualifies first through other banks like Discover, Cap 1, and Citi to see if you qualify through them even if it's just for a secured card. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.