Established Member

Re: HSBC/Capital One online DV leads to Removal from all three CRAs

Thanks for all of your input.

Message 21 of 30
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@madmann26 wrote:

I think it's a lack of accuracy of reporting. Whether or not that is a big deal and challengable, /shrugs.

Nobody told the OP not to dispute.  A month or 2 off is not that bad.  If it was a year or so that would be a little different.  To me a month isn't worth what a dispute can do to your CR.  If OP wants to, yes, it is not accurate, he can.

Message 22 of 30
ando35
Frequent Contributor

HSBC reports BK debts as charged off. This is illegal, but they do it by selling your debt before your file goes through and then they say the debt isnt theirs they cant remove it.

Message 23 of 30
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@ando35 wrote:

HSBC reports BK debts as charged off. This is illegal, but they do it by selling your debt before your file goes through and then they say the debt isnt theirs they cant remove it.

It is illegal.  They can't sell your debt once they are notified of the BK.

Message 24 of 30
samdubs
Contributor

I have a problem with a lot of inaccuracies with hsbc/ capone tls. They came back verified on transunion but calling hsbc which leads you to capone and they have no records of this account. It gets very frustrating getting told that and it still comes back verified. I am ready to scream from it.

Message 25 of 30
Bell536
Contributor

I disputed an issue directly with cap one because they were reporting a balance when it was paid off two years ago...and they verified AND added on a 120 and 150 day late !!!! when they hadn't been reporting those lates for 2 years!  Now I need to find out how to verify this is actually true.  

Funny how they say the MUST REPORT ACCURATELY all the darn time but never admit they made a mistake AND THEN tack on a bigger problem to the tradeline.

uggghhhh i will NEVER use cap one EVER again! 

Clean up CR for home purchase.Started on 04/16/2013.
04/16/13 EQ 536,TU 537,EXP 552 Lender pull
04/30/13 EQ 602 MYFico.com 05/12/13 EQ 614 / TU 595 MYFico.com
05/18/13 EQ 625 MYFico.com,614TU 5/28 EQ 625 Mid Score 621 TU
05/31/13 EQ 663 MyFico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 26 of 30
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@guiness56 wrote:

@ando35 wrote:

Absolutely on this one, however I've seen it done. Look over your TLs carefully, if a dispute is necessary, I'd recommend a direct dispute.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 27 of 30
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@guiness56 wrote:

@ando35 wrote:

Absolutely on this one, however I've seen it done. Look over your TLs carefully, if a dispute is necessary, I'd recommend a direct dispute.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 28 of 30
jroxy5
Established Member

I heard that Cap 1 had bought up HSBC but was not aware they were being so hard on the HSBC accounts.  I have a HSBC PL with Original Principal of $8,126 with a term of 60 months.  I paid that down to $2,182 in about 16 months, but fell into hard times in 2012.  I am wondering if Cap 1 has that account.  My CR shows its with a collection agency, while Cap 1 list it as closed and in good standing?  I rather pay the original creditor to knock the collection agency off my CR; which I have done many times before. 

Also, I have a Cap 1 CC.  been late a year ago 30-30-30, but paid up the three months owed and for the past year been on time, plus started pay $125 or more over the $25 min.  Balance right now is $621.11 and Next week, I will pay $334(always adding interest with the payment) to bring my balance down to 30% on a $1000 line of credit, then will ask for a GW, since I have been with them since 2008 and have paid on time for a year and a UT of 30%. I hope they will give the GW for the 3 late pays.

Question:  When should I ask for a credit increase.  Should I wait til my balance hits around 10% or perhaps 3-6 months with a UT under 30%. Still, I hear their computers determine who gets a credit increase.  Does anyone having any suggestion?

Message 29 of 30
bahbahd
Established Contributor

CC consolidation stinks. HSBC is reporting a CO account with no payment history. No DOFD, no anything else. No late remarks even appear on the account. Just one CO remark on a date that was over a year and a half after the account went unpaid. Never charge on a sock drawer card and forget about it!
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.