Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Charge Off that was paid through a CA - People First

tag
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

HSBC Charge Off that was paid through a CA - People First

Last year I paid off HSBC through a collection agency - but when I look at my CR's, HSBC is listed as a CO.  People First isn't listed.  I tried to call People's First and the number is no longer working. I think they might be out of business. I feel like I could have gotten scammed.

I think in the future I am not going to ever deal with a CA.

HOw do I handle proving that I paid this account ? HOw do i rectify my credit report? What is the best route?

Thanks for your help!

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HSBC Charge Off that was paid through a CA - People First

Is HSBC reporting $0? Do you have proof of payment (cancelled check, bank statement, letter from CA, etc.)?
Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

When you pay a collection agency, you are not paying the OC.

OC account reporting, including any charge-off by the OC, is included in a separate part of your credit file, under the OC account.  Collection accounts are separate accounts.  A collection agency cannot delete entries made in the OC account. So it is proper for the charge-off to remain, even though the CA account has been paid.

I dont see anything amiss.

Message 3 of 5
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

i SEE. So even though I tried to made good on that account, When I paid this, I was intimated b/c the guy said he was going to take me to court. I was a "virgin" so to speak with respect to the harrasment of the CA's. I should have at least tried to deal with the OC, not the CA.  HSBC, the OC can still report it as a CO and come after me again for the balance of $1400? . I think i got scammed because Peoples First REcoveries is no longer in business. No working phone numbers. I googled and dialed all that were listed. and this account letter said my money was applied to my people first account, not to the OC.

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.