Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC/Orchard Bank CO - 3 months of GW and no success

tag
esme
Regular Contributor

HSBC/Orchard Bank CO - 3 months of GW and no success

Does ANYONE have a good contact for Orchard Bank? I went as far as visiting the HSBC branch located on the bottom floor the building I work in and they said they don't have the authority to deal with accounts that they "brand." For example, they can take payments for the companies whose credit cards they back, but when they do, they simply forward payments to the respective companies (i.e. Orchard Bank, Best Buy, etc.)

I've sent GW letters via email, snail mail, fax, and even got a call back from someone at the Executive Resolutions Department in Las Vegas, but they wouldn't agree to delete the CO even though it has been paid since June 2011. I was hoping that even though they said they wouldn't delete over the phone that miraculously I would check my reports and it would no longer be there like some other MyFICO members have experienced, but it's still there despite all my efforts over the past 3 months. Does anyone have a good email or fax? I'm done with snail mail.

Starting Scores: EQ 582 TU 584 EX 615 (FICO - Lender Pulled) 1/4/2012
Current Scores:EQ 632 TU 698 EX 669 (Lender Pulled) 3/17/2012
Goal Scores:700 club here we come!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
somotao
Frequent Contributor

Re: HSBC/Orchard Bank CO - 3 months of GW and no success

I was in a similar situation a few weeks ago. I received the same call from the Executive office letting me know that HSBC was not in the business of entertaining Goodwills. However I refused to accept no for an answer and continued. I sent GW letters by snail mail to a bunch of adresses and last week I noticed my credit report was updated to my favour. I cannot tell you which of the letters I sent out actually resulting in the update, however one of my letters must have made it into the right hands (I did not receive any letters or any sort of acknowledgement of receipt of my GW). My advice to you is to keep on pushing. If there is one thing this forum has thaught me when one door closes surely there is a window somewhere that someone left open............No Retreat No Surrender.....Never Give up.

I have sent you a PM with the contact info I used hopefully you can also have similar result.

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 708myFICO(7/15/17), TU: 721myFICO(7/15/17), EX: 701myFICO(7/15/17)
Goal Score: 750

Wallet: Discover IT $50300, Capital One Platinum $17000, Barclays Rewards $6700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500. BestBuy $10000
Message 2 of 17
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

I actually think there is an interesting window of opportunity right now with the ownership of HSBC credit card operation (USA) being approved for sale to Capital One as of today. HSBC is exiting the credit card business in the USA, Capital One is buying the complete USA based business (investment premier accounts have credit cards which are being kept by HSBC but that limited operation is moving to Ireland).

With the sale being completed in the very near term future, Capital One will own all HSBC accounts, their records, their balances, and the HSBC owned collection accounts including charge offs and "placed with CA" accounts still carried by HSBC (not sold to a CA). This means that Capital One will NOT be the OC for these accounts. I don't know if Capital One could be considered a CA for HSBC's "troubled assets", but they will be subjected to the FDCPA since they are not the original creditor having bought the accounts from HSBC.

Records, book keeping, etc all have to be merged with the Capital One operation and we all know that Original Creditors do not maintain real good media (documentation) based on what is passed on to CAs when they purchase debt portfolios. I would think that a proper dispute or PFD and GW requests,  would be handled quickly (or ignored, but remember these accounts are subjected to the FDCPA now) during the transition of assets information over the next several weeks to months. It might just be a chance to score an "adjustment" to your record during the merger of accounts.

Message 3 of 17
rainbowbrite
Established Member

Hi would you be able to send me a Dm with your contact ifo you used.  I would appreciate it.  thank  you

Message 4 of 17
jocleveland
Regular Contributor

Somotao wrote:

I have sent you a PM with the contact info I used hopefully you can also have similar result.

If you could be so kind to PM me that contact information as well. 

Message 5 of 17
esme
Regular Contributor

@somotao wrote:

I was in a similar situation a few weeks ago. I received the same call from the Executive office letting me know that HSBC was not in the business of entertaining Goodwills. However I refused to accept no for an answer and continued. I sent GW letters by snail mail to a bunch of adresses and last week I noticed my credit report was updated to my favour. I cannot tell you which of the letters I sent out actually resulting in the update, however one of my letters must have made it into the right hands (I did not receive any letters or any sort of acknowledgement of receipt of my GW). My advice to you is to keep on pushing. If there is one thing this forum has thaught me when one door closes surely there is a window somewhere that someone left open............No Retreat No Surrender.....Never Give up.

Thank you somotao! I sent out a batch of GWs to all of the addresses you sent me today so hopefully I will have the same success you had in a few days! Funny fact: one of the addresses you sent me is the address of the exact building in which I work! LOL

Starting Scores: EQ 582 TU 584 EX 615 (FICO - Lender Pulled) 1/4/2012
Current Scores:EQ 632 TU 698 EX 669 (Lender Pulled) 3/17/2012
Goal Scores:700 club here we come!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 17
somotao
Frequent Contributor

I sure hope you get a favourable outcome................That sure is a funny fact......Keep us posted with the outcome.

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 708myFICO(7/15/17), TU: 721myFICO(7/15/17), EX: 701myFICO(7/15/17)
Goal Score: 750

Wallet: Discover IT $50300, Capital One Platinum $17000, Barclays Rewards $6700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500. BestBuy $10000
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please send me the addresses you used as well? I have tried spidering and searching jigsaw and I cannot find any good addresses or email addys. Thanks.

Message 8 of 17
turts14
Regular Contributor

Can someone PM me all the contacts they have used as well.  I want to send out as many as I possibly can so any email, fax or physicall address would be great.

Thank you very much!!1

Message 9 of 17
jwjeffries52

Can you PM me the addresses and emails you were successful using?  I have been fighting them over a stolen CC that they admit I have liability for, but also have reported me all the way to 120 days past due over 12 months ago.  I cant get them to permanently remove it and its driving me nuts.  Any addresses would be appreciated.  Thanks again

Justin

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.