Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Problem

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC Problem

Has anyone ever had any problems with HSBC and the CA (Professional Recovery Services Inc) I paid off my account in full on 6/26/08 and have still been receiving collection calls about the account. When I contact HSBC they say my account is paid in full but the CA says it's still outstanding. I told the CA to contact HSBC but they seem reluctant to contact them it's really frustrating so when I call HSBC they say they cannot contact the CA about this. What can I do? Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
midwestgirl44
Contributor

Re: HSBC Problem

I would contact HSBC and let them know since they are the OC. The OC should have the account recalled from the CA since it's PIF.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC should have the abillity to pull the information back from the creditor if they chose too which will make the creditor have to remove it from their files.  I am not certain about this but I had it happen with one creditor- they sent it to two different CA in error.  But another one I had no such luck- so i am not positive but you may need to speak with someone in HSBC credit department to see exactly when the information was transferred to the CA and they can initiate pulling the file back... but you have to get the right person at HSBC that is willing to do some leg work.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you DVed the CA in question? AFAIK, if you DVed them, it would come back from HSBC as "Paid" and they'd leave you alone (assuming of course, that the CAs you're dealing with actually have a brain stem).

Since it's so recent, though, it could just be that they haven't updated their files yet to reflect the payment. I'm assuming you paid the OC? HSBC could just be taking their sweet time updating the CA.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Send a DV to the CA.......don't call them and DO NOT give them any info!! 

If they are reporting then only use the info from your CR........If not on CR   wgen they call next ask for their addy so you can send them a check....that should shut them up till the get the DV

Send the DV  CMRRR
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for the advice. I called HSBC and they will send me a DV letter plus I will send the CA a copy of the CR stating I have the account in $0 balance. I hope this will stop the calls.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can stop all phone calls by just mailing a letter telling them NO phone calls....everything in writting!

I would not send the CA a copy of any letter from the OC!!!   The idea of a DV is to make a CA prove that they have a right to collect & that the debt is yours!

They should contact the OC and obtain any info. that they need to prove it to you.

All letters going to a CA is mailed CMRRR

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-15-2008 03:32 PM
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.