Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC and Equifax Competing For Biggest Idiot Crown

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

HSBC and Equifax Competing For Biggest Idiot Crown

Ok so as you may remember my latest disaster on my Equifax report is the duplicate reporting of the same HSBC CO. One is being report by HSBC and one by Capital One. Of course when I brought to Satan I mean Equifax's attention they HAD to open a dispute which we all know takes 30 days. Well it concluded today and both came back verified. So, IRATE I call HSBC and get transferred three times. Yet, no one can even find my acct. So I finally am told to call Capital One and get transferred twice more to the "Recovery Team" and someone is finally able to look in an "old system" and pull up my acct. She was able to see that a request was submitted on 3/12 to delete one of the reported accounts which takes 30 to 60 days. Well if you know it was a mistake on your end to report it twice, why verify my duplicate dispute with Equifax. It could already been deleted during their dispute. Now I have to wait 30 to 60 more days for HSBC submission to go through to Equifax and get deleted??? Makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever. It's 10am in Texas but I need a cocktail NOW!! Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Shokk
Established Contributor

Re: HSBC and Equifax Competing For Biggest Idiot Crown

1st round is on me!

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 2 of 15
baller4life
Super Contributor

Haha thx!! What's your poison? I'm a tequila or rum kinda gal myself! Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 15
Shokk
Established Contributor

Lol.  Tekillya is good for one thing.  Making me barf.  Smiley Very Happy

Beer or whiskey if you please!  This is Texas afterall.

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 4 of 15
baller4life
Super Contributor

Haha but of course!!! Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 15
baller4life
Super Contributor

Well I emailed my contact at the Executive office of Equifax regarding this matter. And I just received email confirmation that one of the accounts was deleted. I will never ever never ever again go through the CSRs for anything!!!! Have I said how much I hate Equifax? I'm sure I have. Smiley Mad
Message 6 of 15
Shokk
Established Contributor

And that doesn't even include their current fiasco where people are missing/have lost good valid trade lines.

I have 4 missing so far.  Been over a month.  All they keep saying is they're aware of the issue and they're working on it.

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 7 of 15
baller4life
Super Contributor

The same happened to me. 10 closed accounts mysteriously disappeared. After arguing with two different agents about it, I emailed the Executive Office and bam they were re-inserted in a couple of days. Do you need the email address? I can pm you.
Message 8 of 15
Shokk
Established Contributor

That would be great!  Thanks!

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 9 of 15
baller4life
Super Contributor

No problem. On the way. She gets it DONE!
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.