Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC closed account now reopened!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC closed account now reopened!

Ok so I had a HSBC account which went to collections and I paid off. The account was closed by HSBC and listed as a CO. They did however leave a balance on the CO, even though there is not one since I paid CA. CA shows up as 0 balance, but while checking TC today I notice I had a new account open. Turns out HSBC is listed as open and I owe them the full amount.

I called HSBC 10 times today and finally was able to get someone. They did say my account is open and I owe them the full amount. WTF? I told him the story and he said thier collections dept is closed, call again.

I called so many times and was on hold over 10 mins and could not get a single soul on the phone! I disputed that the amount is wrong and sent the zero balance letter from the CA with my dispute. Instead they verified and reopened this? How does this work!?

What should I do next? Redispute and fax over the zero balance letter again?

I am having the exact same problem with **bleep**ibank and faxed over the stuff to the CRA again.

Grrrrrr it annoys me how the CRA's cannot verify, especially when I provide them proof as well. Then the COs are reporting that I never paid them Smiley Sad.

Message Edited by Sushi on 05-27-2008 03:43 PM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC closed account now reopened!

If the account was a charge off...and hey are admitting it now shows open...I would try to prove that the account was paid..but try to keep it open...it sure would look better than having the account a charge off...
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.