Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC: "Not currently honoring any GW requests"

tag
greenpang
Contributor

HSBC: "Not currently honoring any GW requests"

So I've been working on getting a 2007 C/O with HSBC/BestBuy deleted.

I've had several phone calls with a woman in the Executive Resolutions department, developed a friendly relationship with her, and connect directly to her when I call.

I initially called her and explained the circumstances surrounding this past baddie, and she responded positively, with understanding and sympathy. She looked into my account and informed me that it had been sold to Sherman, so I'd have to speak with them instead.

I talked to the people at Sherman/Resurgent/LVNV, they looked up my account and verified I had settled it in full with them back in 2007/2008. They also informed me that LVNV had deleted the account from my credit reports in May 2011. (I do remember previously seeing a LVNV baddie on there a few years ago that's now gone.) But it's still listed as a derogatory account with HSBC/BestBuy. The people at Sherman/Resurgent/LVNV said I'd have to speak with HSBC about their removal of the credit line, since they are the creditor currently reporting as derogatory.

So I went back to my girl at Executive Resolutions and explained all of this. She put me on hold for a bit and came back with the apologetic news that there is nothing she can do at this time because they are not currently honoring any GW requests. I tried to GW her further at that point (this was an irresponsible mistake from my college days, now I am a responsible adult and have great credit for 4+ years, loyal customer with Capital One, Sherman already deleted this on their end, etc.) but was unsuccessful.

She said she's sorry she doesn't have better news at this time but that this may not always be the case and I am always welcome to try again later, as they may honor GW deletion requests in the future. I asked her whether she had any ideas on when that would be, and she said not to quote her on it, but maybe a month or two.

What's that about? Are there really fluctuating periods of no-GW and yes-GW? Or is this just a mechanism to make it more of a process and test my persistence?

Any recommendations on how to get this situation to budge? It seems very close... I have a positive relationship with this woman in the highest department that makes these decisions, and she speaks to me like she's on my side. Any missing piece to help turn this close GW attempt into a success?

Thanks in advance!

Credit Scores: FICOs: TU 721 | Plus FAKOs: EX 726, EQ 739, TU 735 | CK FAKOs: Transrisk 689, Vantage 790
My Wallet: Amex Green (NPSL) | Amex SPG (21.6K) | Citi ThankYou Preferred (10.5K) | Amex BCE (8K) | US Air Premier MC (9.5K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred (8.5K) | Chase Freedom (5K) | Barclays Arrival (5K) | Pier 1 (2.5K) | Express (0.8K) | Kohl's (0.5K)
DH's Wallet (AU): Amex PRG (NPSL) | Chase Sapphire Preferred (26.2K) | Amex Delta (22.5K) | Barclays Arrival (12.8K) | CareCredit (8K) | Amex BCE (7.5K) | Chase Freedom (7K) | Sears Citi (6K) | Victoria's Secret (1K)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Re: HSBC: "Not currently honoring any GW requests"

I think that the biggest issue at play is that Cap1 is working overtime trying to keep their HSBC accounts organized.  They probably have a freeze on any changes to them that aren't event driven, in an effort to keep things straight, and not exert more man hours fixing things that don't need to be fixed.  You may want to "create" an event driven decision, like a BBB complaint, or the like.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 2 of 6
greenpang
Contributor

Thanks for the advice. But what kind of complaint to the BBB would work in this situation?

Credit Scores: FICOs: TU 721 | Plus FAKOs: EX 726, EQ 739, TU 735 | CK FAKOs: Transrisk 689, Vantage 790
My Wallet: Amex Green (NPSL) | Amex SPG (21.6K) | Citi ThankYou Preferred (10.5K) | Amex BCE (8K) | US Air Premier MC (9.5K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred (8.5K) | Chase Freedom (5K) | Barclays Arrival (5K) | Pier 1 (2.5K) | Express (0.8K) | Kohl's (0.5K)
DH's Wallet (AU): Amex PRG (NPSL) | Chase Sapphire Preferred (26.2K) | Amex Delta (22.5K) | Barclays Arrival (12.8K) | CareCredit (8K) | Amex BCE (7.5K) | Chase Freedom (7K) | Sears Citi (6K) | Victoria's Secret (1K)
Message 3 of 6
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Heck if I know Smiley Tongue

I just don't recommend frivolous CRA disputes for the purpose of getting something deleted.  I think BBB at least gives you a gray area to work with that might push the creditor to comply with your request for an easy BBB positive resolution.  It's obviously 100% consumer driven, but an OC has more to lose from a negative BBB listing.  I would use the HSBC confusion and difficulty in talking with someone who is truly informed about YOUR account as my reasoning for escalation.

Full disclosure:  I just filed my first BBB complaint ever this morning with Verizon, so I really don't know how these turn out.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 4 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

+1 on stopping the frivolous disputes.  Take a good look at your account and the way you and HSBC/Cap1 have handled it.  Is anything hinky?  Out of the norm, not quite right.  In essence is there anything wrong with the way it's been reported?  If so, then you would have reason to file a complaint with the BBB, FTC, or the state AG.  I've had 2 of my accounts that have fallen into these categories.  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 6
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Agreed, a transfer from one financial giant to another is rarely neat and tidy.

Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.