Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC responded to my OC letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC responded to my OC letter

I sent HSBC an OC letter asking them to validate but their response said that the account had been sold. They didn't provide any other information. Does anyone know what my next step should be? Should I send them another OC letter? or should I notify the CRA of their refusal to validate?

Message Edited by mainemedic on 05-20-2008 04:48 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: HSBC responded to my OC letter

I believe that if they sold the account they can not validate.  They no longer own the debt.  You can call them directly to find out who the account was sold to.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK. So how do I get the CRA to remove the TL if the OC (HSBC) can not validate?

Message Edited by mainemedic on 05-20-2008 05:18 PM
Message 3 of 6
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

I am having a similar issue... They sold my debt and it has from what I have found been moved 6 times! I don't know who owns it now and basically can't find out who! It is not on my CR's except for the charge off from HSBC... Grrrrrr so annoying!
Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

HSBC, even if the account is sold, can continue to report for the full 7 yrs. I'd GW them for removal. Or try to PFD them for the last known balance, however a good outcome doing that is a long-shot.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently sent them a GW...then turned around and sent a OC DV...the account was sold to RJM Acquisitions...which I did a PFD with...I have not received a response from HSBC Bank yet...I'm still waiting...my fingers are crossed...
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.